The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Need to read again 000

Following up with some things on Facebook, I usually do not update my status with any statements that I have been asked to set as my status. In the pursuit of harmony and with the understanding that some topics are not polite to discuss in mixed company, I generally save those discussions for my blog, though I have replied to some of Tom's posts. Although I set my blog as public, for me my blog is a better place to express my opinions than notes on Facebook.

Some statements that some of my friends on Facebook set as their statuses did catch my attention:

2 hours ago
People need to understand that children with special needs are not sick; they are not searching for a cure, just acceptance. This week is for special needs education. Ninety-three percent of the people will not copy and paste this. Will you be part of the seven percent that will and will?
Yesterday at 10:58 p.m.
President Obama has decided that there will no longer be a “National Day of Prayer” held in May. He doesn't want to offend anybody. Where was his concern about offending Christians last January when he allowed the Muslims to hold a day of prayer on the Capitol grounds. As a Christian American “I am offended.” If you agree copy and paste no matter what religion you are, this country was built on Freedom of Religion!!
Yesterday at 2:36 p.m.
I do not like it Uncle Sam; I do not like it Sam I am. I do not like these dirty crooks; neither how they cook the books. I do not like when Congress steals; I do not like their secret deals. I do not like the speaker Nan; I do not like this “YES WE CAN”. I do not like this kind of hope; I do not like it, nope..., nope, nope! Copy and re-post if you agree. Any comments wanted.
Sans the links that I added, the preceding were posts by some of my friends on Facebook. I seem to annoy everyone in the household when I repeat myself like that, or like today when I seem to be too loud.

Tuesday at 9:28 a.m.
Christopher Hurt will not use his status to appeal for the repeal of “Show Similar Posts”, because Facebook does not read my posts anyway =)
I should have tagged “Mafia Wars” in my post; the posts for each game on Facebook are being grouped together instead of being displayed separately by each user. Many on Facebook used their statuses to decry this situation.

Today 6 hours ago
Christopher Hurt reacts only to the headline, “Yeah, there, you see, the 'Tea Party' movement really is non-partisan and grassroots!” He will cite The Huffington Post until he actually reads the article.
Available in either Original Recipe® or Grilled, the new KFC Double Down sandwich premiered Monday, April 12, and despite my reservations I had a fried one this afternoon. I should have chosen grilled; I found the fried one to be a little dry and too salty, like your girlfriend, but overall I was fairly pleased.

1 comment:

  1. I felt good about it that time in February when I got a chance to update my status with a parody to those "Many will not post. Will you?" based upon something that happened in rehearsal that night.
    This involved castrating oneself to get into a fraternaty in high school when they could have just opted out of it. 0.001% of high school boys suffer. 99.998% will not copy this. Will you?

    Oh, and by the way, though there is still at least one more, this is Monday morning at 12:52 or 53am (depending on how long it takes to post)and I am typing this on my laptop computer.

    ReplyDelete