The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, April 9, 2010

feel so uninspired

The last week has used the my only two ideas for blog posts, thus I suddenly feel so uninspired, obviously a three-word phrase lifted from a song by Aretha Franklin in the late 1960s. With that song in mind, I am now obliged by the recent theme of Transformers to include the following image:


Probably I would have included that image even if I had not felt obliged. Oddly, I suppose that I am presently inspired by my feeling so uninspired. When I considered slowing the pace or frequency that I update my blog, I remembered a piece of advice I had read on Twitter, which paraphrased said: if one wants to become better at writing, then one should just keep writing! I will not attempt to find that exact tweet among my tweets numbering 7,907.

A few seconds ago Christopher Hurt helped a woman to borrow a laptop; she brought her small dog-- the office now reeks of dog!

I digress, which is not difficult, as the focus of this post remains elusive and runs into out-of-focus areas. Recently two of my friends have taken stock for what they thankful or of what brings them simple happiness. As Justin put it, I suppose that I do have “a lethargic cynicism”, because I having some difficulty with either taking stock for what I thankful, taken stock of what brings me simple happiness, like your girlfriend, or being optimistic.

Being pragmatic really does not lend itself to optimism, “I'm much too young to feel this damn old.”

No comments:

Post a Comment