The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So far today is interesting

So far today, Wednesday, April 21, is interesting. Community Pages have been introduced and the “Become a Fan” button has been replaced with a “Like” button on Facebook. Yes, a minor change to Facebook is only one thing required to make a day interesting for me.

Other events, which also certainly could be interesting, are happening today at Johnson County Community College. The annual conference for Metro Kansas City Model United Nations (MKCMUN) is being hosted today at JCCC. Today “Going Green 2010” also happens at JCCC.

As previously stated, I agree with Jeremy Clarkson, “If you have a need to in some way save the planet, buy a Golf diesel.” I do recycle my beverage containers, whether an aluminum soda can or a plastic soda bottle. I do track the fuel consumption of my car by miles per gallon, although the measurement of liters per 100 kilometers is largely used in the rest of the world.

Somewhat unrelated, I have found, “What To Do If Your Car Or Truck Accelerates Out Of Control,” via Classic Chevrolet on Twitter. My car had the opposite problem in January.

As previously mentioned on this blog, today in D.C. the U.S. Department of the Treasury is scheduled to unveil a new design for the $100 note. In local, as well as national interest, leadership from General Motors is present at the Fairfax Assembly Plant in Fairfax, Kansas, where they announced, “GM Loans Paid in Full; Invests in Next Chevrolet Malibu”, via edmunds Inside Line and GM Blogs on Twitter.

As the restoration work continues in the apartment above the Roving Imp Theater, I might go to Bonner Springs, Kansas on Thursday to settle a traffic ticket, after I change the tag lights on my car.

This afternoon I will see if the DVR recorded the episode of Top Gear, which aired Monday on BBC America.

MythBusters airs just before South Park, and episode “201” of South Park, the second part of the two-part story, premieres tonight at 10:00 p.m./9:00 p.m. Central on Comedy Central. May that tamale, which is South Park, like your girlfriend, never fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment