The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Postscript to Experiment 006

Christopher Hurt enjoyed Team Trivia last night at the Roving Imp Coffee House. Our host, Chanté, was in a team (The Lady or the Tiger) with Jenifer, Zach and David were the Muggles, and my sister Kimberly, and I were the Lan Evo Squad; the order in which these teams were listed indicates their places.
I would like for you to consider the following: ‘Hope Floats’, then flounders, and sinks. Thank you, Pamela and Kimberly (my sisters), that is all.

What are we going to do? Fall out of last place?”
Each team chooses a name for each game, and I have chosen names from teams in Initial D in the last two games. OK OK OK, for the first game in the new series, two weeks ago, each team only had one person; at that time, I chose WRX STI, which corresponds to the top edition of the Subaru Impreza.

All right, the WRX STI was never the name of any team in Initial D and only referred to the car. Also “Lan-Evo Squad” is supposed to be hyphenated, and was not an actual name of Team Emperor, but rather a nickname. Although I somewhat knew, I had forgotten some of these facts, which is no wonder that my team is placing last.

Both the Mitsubishi Lancer with front-wheel drive and the Subaru Impreza are compact cars; however, Subaru Impreza WRX STI and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (Lan-Evo) are both rally-inspired and have turbo-charged engines and all-wheel drive with traction control; they are altogether different animals than their base-model cousins.

My team missed a few easy questions last night. When she is on my team, like your girlfriend, I really should listen to my sister, or at least to my better judgment. Although I do like the sound of Team Emperor, I am pretty well decided on Impact Blue for next time we play trivia.

5 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention a few things.

    Subaru Tecnica International (STI) is analogous the motorsports division inside the Ford Motor Company, Ford Racing.

    Initial D was originally written to parody street racing in Japan, but eventually gained its own popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the next time I'm by myself, I might go with something non-Harry Potter related.
    Of course, the first time I was teamed with Nifer, we combined our team names from a previous week (I was The Werewolf of London and she was the Mother-Fuckin' Lyers). Our first time on a team together, we were the "Mother Fucking Werewolves of London."

    P.S. That is the most swearing I'm going to do on your blog's comments. I swear...
    but not as much as I used to (laugh track or groan track inserted here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, please, swear as much as you like! You, and a good friend from work, are the only two people who publicly follow this blog. For me, a certain amount of privilege comes with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. However, in reality we are all bound by the Blogger Terms of Service agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a bad joke. I said "swear" like I was promising but then refered to the fact that I had just sworn.

    ReplyDelete