The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, July 9, 2010

Botch-fest 010

Christopher Hurt is re-evaluating his weekend after the half-decade old battery in his Chevy Cavalier has stopped, but after a jump-start he is at work at Johnson County Community College. Two months ago, when I could have afforded to do so, I should have replaced the battery.

I prefer to think of myself as a victim of circumstance; however, I knew that this battery was old. In 2005, when I bought my 2003 Cavalier, I did not ask for the dealer to replace the battery, so this battery could very well be the original battery, which is a possibility that my father observed this morning.

I have been making payments on a car loan for five years. Last Tuesday, the eve of my last payment, I celebrated and I spent fifty dollars on pizza, wings, and Dr Pepper from Pizza Hut. Now I am wishing that I had not.

The espresso machine at The Roving Imp Theater and Roving Imp Coffee House stopped working, and I promised John that I would help him in purchasing a different machine. Now I will either have to reduce the amount of money I was going to lend him, or have to completely withdraw from my promise.

Saturday is the 30-year anniversary celebration of Grace Christian Fellowship Church in the City of Shawnee, Kansas. I had been hoping to attend. Now I will have to forget about that.


Since I did spend that money on pizza, I will have to wait until payday next Thursday in order to afford a replacement, like your girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment