The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, July 22, 2010

You exaggerate

When I had actually selected Pibb Xtra, I received Barq’s from the Coca-Cola machine. I do not really like root beer, but at least this brand has caffeine. Today at breakfast I had a bite of the jalapeno Hot Pockets and then a bite of the sausage-and-egg biscuit from QuikTrip to lessen the sensation of the jalapeno.
7 myths about fats - Holy Kaw!
“When we hear the word ‘fat,’ we don't necessarily think of pleasant images or good health. Fats are one of the most misunderstood foods we consume, and the medical field is partly responsible. The public needs to be reeducated on which fats to avoid and why certain fats are so important.”
Christopher Hurt has just been spoiled on the collective works of Stephen King, because apparently, “No matter what monsters he writes about, the humans always end up being the scariest characters in the stories.”
You exaggerate.”

I will never cease to be amazed by the Human capacity for hyperbole.”
I quoted a comment on a post from John, who had been reading Under the Dome. Since I am not likely to read them, I am far from being spoiled on all of the stories. I have only ever seen Christine and The Langoliers.
Twitter / Scott Frye: Barnes & Noble Debuts NOOK ...
“Barnes & Noble Debuts NOOK For Android As eBook War Heats Up http://tcrn.ch/bkxiuq
I will always confuse them with BORDERS BOOKS & MUSIC, where I prefer to shop. While on this topic, as Read Aloud Night at the Roving Imp Coffee House is very frequently enjoyable, the reading was more enjoyable because of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

We have read to the chapter where the protagonists have reached the planetary home of the makers of custom planets. I made a connection to an episode of Disney’s animated TV series Aladdin, “When Chaos Comes Calling,” when two guests to the palace are changed into a flowering plant in a vase and a whale, like your girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. When Chaos Comes Calling” is one of my favorite episodes the series.
    Matt Frewer voices Lord Chaos; I also remember him as the voice of the Pink Panther, and his role on PSI Factor.

    ReplyDelete