The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, July 12, 2010

Postscript to Experiment 005

Why I am calling this entry, “Postscript to Experiment”? Well, “Postscript to Experiment” was last about the experiment by Ford called “Mercury,” but this time I am writing about allowing my battery to not be replaced as long as I did.

Saturday at 11:03 a.m., Christopher Hurt has had the battery in his Chevy Cavalier replaced, and has posted 26.213 miles per gallon or 8.940 liters per 100 kilometers.

My mother loaned me some money, which I will repay on payday, which is not until Thursday.

I have previously written about my friend, David, yet I have failed to mention the times that he and I have been there for each other, willing to give a ride to the other. Because I have to watch my mileage closely until Thursday, David offered to give me a ride out to the Roving Imp Theater tonight; Trivia has been rescheduled to Monday nights to be compatible with Nifer’s new schedule, which involves travel via the MegaBus to The Second City in Chicago.

I am completely abandoning an idea for a post, which I had about a month ago, so I am simply going to insert the bulk of that post into this post, and at which point this post will no longer become coherent, I concede. Please note the deep indentation:
God: Every time I try to talk to someone it’s ‘sorry this’ and ‘forgive me that’ and ‘I’m not worthy’...
I know some people, funny people. Just a fact. These people are ‘funny’; here ‘funny’ means ‘hilarious’ and does not mean ‘weird’; regardless, many funny people, which I know personally, are also ‘weird’. But that is not the subject of this post: I know some people, funny people.

A few seconds ago
Christopher Hurt says, “You’re funny, Chad Maag, via Selective Tweets.”
“It’s kinda cute to watch when the whole internet stops and pretends that they care about soccer.”
Christopher Hurt replied with the quote:
“Ah, this grumpy old race car I know once told me somethin’: it’s just an empty cup.”
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317219/quotes?qt0460883
(slides back, under rock)
Chad is a parishioner of the Grace Christian Fellowship Church in the City of Shawnee, Kansas; I have known Chad since we were both teenagers and attending G.C.F.C. in the early 1990s. Perhaps if I had been as disciplined in my studies, then I too could have been a graphic designer; Chad is a freelance graphic designer. He and I need to meet sometime for lunch again at a Godfather’s or somewhere.

David has been on Facebook almost as long as Facebook has existed, and in commenting on my most recent blog post, he made reference to the “Beautiful Truck”.

That means my time to go quote:
“Mr. Rushing, have you accounted for the variable mass of fail whales and water in your time re-entry program?”

“Mr. O’Hare cannot give me exact figures, Admiral, so... I will make a random reference to Facebook.”

“A random reference to Facebook? You, David? That’s extraordinary.”

“I don’t think he understands.”

“No, David. He means that he feels safer about your random references than most other people’s ‘stale zaniness’.”

“Then you’re saying... it is a compliment?”

“It is.”

“Ah. Then I will try to make the best random reference I can.”
Whenever I am at The Roving Imp Theater and Roving Imp Coffee House, David is usually also there or is en route. I consider David to be a really good friend, if also a best friend. Last winter, 2009 into 2010, the metropolitan area of Kansas City had large, frequent snowfalls, particularly the day after Christmas, and I helped David clear his driveway. With so much snow I had to come back the next day to finish; I am that kind of friend. David often gains victories in our on-going pun war, especially with a surprise attack.

Unsure am I if one of those last sentences had an anacoluthia, but so far this post appears to be largely coherent. In the interest of retaining the appearance of being coherent, I shall focus on those people who perform.
Jack Shedd has known Denton longer than I. Jack coined, “Betty Ford’s First Project,” the name of Denton’s previous improv troupe. He keeps a blog called the Big Contrarian, and also comments humorously on Twitter:
Live every week like it’s Junk Science Week.”
Christopher Hurt reminds you that ‘Grown Ups’ should have a hyphen in the title, in other words, spelled G-A-R-B-A-G-E.

Christopher Hurt finds that some people are not fans of TechnoMafia Records, like your girlfriend.
Rock Fans Outraged As Bob Dylan Goes Electronica
NEWPORT, RI—Audience members at the Newport Rock Festival were ‘outraged’ Monday when rock icon Bob Dylan followed up such classic hits as ‘Like A Rolling Stone’ and ‘Maggie’s Farm’ with an electronica set composed of a...”

4 comments:

  1. First of all, let me just say that the snow storm on Christmas...as we were shoveling that Saturday, it continued to snow...Fortunately we were able to get the driveway cleared so that I could make it to Nifer's class.
    Second, I still love the Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home reference. I'd like to do one for my other favorite Star Trek movie; First Contact:
    -"A man once said, 'Don't try to make a random reference, just make a reference. And let the listener make it's own connection.'"
    "That's random nonsence! Who said that?"
    "You did...that time you commented on your friends blog after your friend made a reference to a Star Trek movie."
    Third, Bob Dylan tends to make his fans mad. He made a bunch of hard core folk fans (I never thought I'd used that term) mad at a concert back in the 1960s when he plugged in his guitar (personally, I think it's the best pairing to happen in music...but I was born around 20 or so years later). Just saying...now he has unfortunately turned into a parody of himself...or rather a parody of a parody of himself. History will see what becomes of this infusion of folk-techno. Wow, never thought I'd use that term either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that quote from Star Trek: First Contact, David. You are likely correct about Dylan, although that story was from The Onion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't aware that it was from the Onion as I was reading. However, I was at a concert where he sounded like a parody of a parody of himself...yes, I did type "a parody of" twice. So, if it weren't the Onion, I wouldn't be totally surprised.

    ReplyDelete