Happy Halloween! Drop by SONIC for 50 cent Corn Dogs ALL DAY TODAY. Rest in peace, hunger. Or pieces. Depending on how many Corn Dogs you enjoy!
JCCC is again ranked among top digital community colleges
“Johnson County Community College is again listed among the top-rated community colleges for digital technology by e.Republic’s Center for Digital Education. JCCC was also top-ranked in 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
The survey looked at digital and emerging technologies, such as the use of mobile devices and technology integration into the curriculum; strategic planning and data management; and delivery models and professional development, including the availability of technology tools and training for faculty and students, as well as colleges’ technology priorities, shared services and cloud computing; infrastructure and networks; and outreach and workforce development.
The survey showed that 92 percent of the colleges have expanded their distance learning offerings online, while 77 percent have increased online student services. Survey results also show that 95 percent are now using social networking to reach out to students, and 79 percent use YouTube, up by 14 percent from 2011.
‘Our faculty, staff and administrators find innovative ways to use technology in and out of the classroom to improve teaching, learning and student support,’ said Terry Calaway, president, JCCC. ‘Our consistent presence among the top-rated colleges reflects how seriously the college regards the use of technology in education.’
JCCC was listed among the top colleges in the large college category (10,000 students or more).
Winners will be recognized at an awards reception during the League for Innovation in the Community College’s STEMTECH conference this month in Kansas City, Mo.
- 1st Lone Star College, The Woodlands, Texas
- 2nd Northwest Arkansas Community College, Bentonville, Ark.
- 3rd Howard Community College, Columbia, Md.
- 3rd Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- 4th Johnson County Community College
- 4th Northern Virginia Community College, Alexandria, Va.
- 5th Houston Community College, Houston, Texas
- 6th Delaware Technical and Community College, Wilmington, Del.
- 7th Delta College, University Center, Mich.
- 7th Tidewater Community College, Norfolk, Va.
- 8th Montgomery County Community College, Tacoma Park, Md.
- 8th Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 9th Moraine Valley Community College, Palos Hills, Ill.
- 10th Fayetteville Technical Community College, Fayetteville, N.C.
Click here for information about colleges listed in the mid-sized and small college categories.”
“Halfway through her two-hour show at the Sprint Center on Tuesday, Madonna acknowledged the raucous response she’d received from the crowd that nearly filled the place. And in so many words (including a couple that can’t be printed here), she apologized. To paraphrase: This is the firs…”
KJCCC announces all-conference soccer honors
Source: All Hallow's Eve
“Five members each from the women’s and men’s soccer teams at JCCC were recently named as Kansas Jayhawk Conference performers for the 2012 season.
On the women’s side, forward Christianna Tran, midfielder Kesley Wakefield and defender Christina Szymkowski were selected to the second team. Midfielders Marly Sutter and Liz Ulrich were named as honorable mention performers.
On the men’s side, defender Sherrick Hilaire was a first-team all-conference selection. Second team honors went to forwards Luis Cadena and Jacob Walter, and midfielder Sulaimon Lasisi and defender Joel Wiebe earned honorable mention honors.”