The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy birthday, David!

I barely remember being twenty-seven, although like they said at the end of I Love the 90s, “It was only five years ago.” June 16, 2010 is significant for being two weeks from the last payment on my car loan and being the birthday of at least one friend:

About 11 minutes ago Christopher Hurt
Happy birthday, David Rushing! You share a birthday with the Ford Motor Company, and this one [Garfield Minus Garfield] is about birthdays!
About a minute ago Christopher Hurt
You are also 80 years younger than Ford.
I like exact facts like that. With pride I can now say that I have a friend who is 80 years younger than the Ford Motor Company. Although he is also younger than Harrison Ford, he is not quite that much younger, yet David is younger by 40 years and 362 days.

What cannot I say about David? For the purpose of this blog, obviously I cannot say anything libelous, yet neither could I think of anything libelous to say, nor would I say anything libelous, as David is too good of a friend and too good of a person.

The most current descriptor of David also applies to myself; according to John, we have both “gotten too good” for the beginner class taught by Nifer.

About a minute ago
Christopher Hurt says, “My spelling of ‘adequate’ is actually not adequate.”
So that our ties are not aliased, I met David just a few weeks after starting class at the Roving Imp Theater in March 2009. I joined Facebook on Saturday, April 11, 2009 and became friends with David thereon.

David is the person most likely to ‘like’ my status updates. I would be lying if I said, “Having my status ‘liked’ has no effect on my ego,” when I rather prefer that. I am also quite likely to ‘like’ the status updates of David and others, though not necessarily to simply return the compliment.

For many reasons, like your girlfriend, I consider David to be a really good friend, if also a best friend. I will use the rudders that he provides me in a scene.

1 comment: