The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Web Wanderings 001

First, I will follow up with a “Postscript to Experiment” post,
which was largely about the closure of the Mercury brand at Ford:

The Downfall of Mercuryt
[Source: Auto Insurance Quotes for Autoblog.com]

I thought about adding that to that previous post, but who checks my older posts for an update? That means my time to go to a musical bridge:

let me hear you say yeah, (yeah, yeah)
say yeah (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Somebody ask, everybody reply, raise your voices,
now, scream (Ho‼)
1 2 kick it

I must pause to once again congratulate Nifer Honeycutt on her being accepted as a student at the Conservatory at The Second City!
I said WHEN rather than IF.
And this is just where my wanderings on the Web began today. Yesterday I posted a link to the Boycott BP page on Facebook: Who will BP protests hurt the most?

Although I chose to “unlike” the page, I still maintained control over comments about the link, and I actually deleted two contrary comments, “How do I feel? I feel POWERFUL.” Unless I know him or her PERSONALLY, I regard an environmentalist like Al Gore as an arrogant idiot. Protesting at BP gas stations is... just... stupid.

Yes, I did fall into ad hominem, but I severely dislike Al Gore and especially Michael Moore, who obviously hates America. I have already said what I think about liberal bias.

The truth from my heart, I like pictures, and I have been sharing a lot of them today: CMA Music Festival 2010


I like the look of Chevy trucks, “General Motors wants to snuff out ‘Chevy’ nickname”:
Christopher Hurt says, “Say ‘What, General Motors?’ What will become of the following Chevrolet pages: Chevy Camaro, Chevy Cruze, and Chevy Silverado?”
I thank God that the ‘Excellence for All’ campaign was killed; that slogan was stupid. Today seems to be the day in which I use ‘stupid’; my use of single instead of double quotation marks is also ‘stupid’. I have two younger sisters, and whenever I disprove of something the older one likes, that something is ‘stupid’; this is not an endearing quality, I concede.

About 6 hours ago
Christopher Hurt is having a really terrific day at work, Johnson County Community College.
My mood went right to cranky almost as soon as I completed my commute home. My father is also cranky, but he is almost 60, so he has earned the right, especially lately. But that is all I will say on that subject. The path to eating more vegetables is all in how I approach squashes, like your girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment