The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Web Wanderings 000

Although I had started this blog in order to simply blog, I have at times felt uninspired, have gone on rants, and made posts that are simply not coherent. I also have several series of posts, and today I am creating another series, like your girlfriend, which hearkens back to when I e-mailed links to myself: Web Wanderings.

Sometimes items, to which I would like to share on Facebook, fail to pull the title of the page, an image, or any content information, so I shall put some of those items... here. This series may very well only recapitulate the shared links.

Of course, as I have been asked what is with cars and I, most of these links will be about cars, but I will not title this series: Car Links. Because I used to have a major in graphic design, I am also interested in photography, as well as design for print advertisements and websites; I follow a few people on Twitter with those interests, of whom I should someday make a list.

A review of the Nissan 370Z Coupe - 40th Anniversary Edition can be found on an on-line men’s magazine, Bullz-Eye.

Jalopnik has an image which expands to reveal, “60 Years Of Ferrari Evolution. Hardly recreational-reading material, Marty.” My family and I watched Back to the Future Part II on Memorial Day.

Now on Facebook, PickupTrucks.com has a new design for their website, about which they say:
“BTW - hope y’all saw that one of our new primary colors is brown. We dig brown.”
The featured story currently on their front page is about a full-size pickup equipped with electric power-assisted steering (EPS), in contrast to the hydraulic power steering used in most full-size trucks. The author also notes, “Pickup trucks manage much heavier front-end loads than the small cars, where EPS is already used.”

About 3 minutes ago
Christopher Hurt finds the ute to be one of the reasons that he likes Holden. General Motors, can you not bring this over as a Chevrolet or GMC?
Echoing the sentiments of PickupTrucks, I read the full review at GM Inside News Forum. Emerging from bankruptcy, GM now has four “core” brands in the United States domestic market (USDM), and I do not think that the ute would be a model among the up-scale brands like Buick and Cadillac. An argument against bringing the ute to the USDM, the ute does not have the same capabilities as full-size trucks, which would likely be difficult competition.

For one session, I attempted a class in automotive maintenance; as a benefit to part-time employees, I was able to enroll in the class with the tuition paid by J.C.C.C.; however, I could not afford the cost of books or tools, so I had to withdraw. Before that class, I had already adopted the philosophy that products of one manufacturer were not necessarily better than any other, and I still go by this principle, although I do still have preferences and do like trucks.

The sales numbers for May are being reported, “The ‘3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6’ engine is rumored to be used in the ‘Raptor R, a competition-modified version of the 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor’, which further portends the availability of the ‘F-150 with EcoBoost’,” and via PickupTrucks:
“F-Series sold almost 50K trucks last month. That's a big number.”

“May was the best sales month in a year for both Ford F-Series and Chevrolet Silverado.”
Some items might be shared again here because of my sarcastic introduction:

Yesterday at 5:23 p.m.
Christopher Hurt likes that someone is gonna take some or most of Al’s stupid money!
“The Gores said it [‘Al Gore, Tipper Gore Separating After 40 Years Of Marriage’] was ‘a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration.’”
Yesterday at 12:24 p.m.
Christopher Hurt says, “Loser is spelled O-B-A-M-A.”
“But the worst common element is this: both crises [‘BP and the Bankers’] are teachable moments that our president could be using to transform public opinion. President Obama seems congenitally unable to rise to the occasion.”
I might not always be able to editorially insert the title of the article as an appositive, but for now the method will suffice. I do respond to the call to reduce my output of trash, like your girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment