The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Web Wanderings 002

Most of last week, almost every time I went to Twitter, like your girlfriend, I received the message:
Twitter is over capacity.

Too many tweets! Please wait a moment and try again.
A few seconds ago
Christopher Hurt has found the following:

▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
This text forms an image of the fail whale, which is much like the image displayed by Twitter accompanying that message. When this situation occurs, fortunately I may use Google Reader to follow almost any blog with an RSS feed. One blog, to which I have subscribed, xkcd sucks, criticizes xkcd, a comic strip on the Web (a web-comic).


A few seconds ago
Christopher Hurt quotes, “And this is true for many many situations, not just comics: acknowledging that your creation has a terrible flaw - in this case, being 50 years late - does not make that flaw acceptable.” Toyota USA, ‘moving forward’...
The author of the blog makes a valid point, a point at which I must examine myself. I like to believe that I am at least partially conscious of my image and at least partially conscious of my culpability. One of my foibles, I will call out someone on a mistake when I am actually the one making a larger mistake in the manner in which I do call.

Most of the time I am not so sure the fault lies with me, as I was nearly unfriended for a sharing a link in the following way:
Christopher Hurt wonders, “Where are the priorities of this ‘President’? How about you create some jobs? Perhaps reduce the debt? Idiot is spelled O-B-A-M-A!”
“I’m trying to find 6 people in the next half-hour who want to repeal ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.’ I just added my name to the growing list of Americans in support of repealing ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.’”
Really? I was going to analyze the reasons why I could have been unfriended, but that would be rehashing the past and in bad form; also I am just plain bored with that.

In unrelated news, Trish posted a link:
Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart marry - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAY Show
Trish said, “Han Solo is dead.” A friend of Trish asked, “Is she Princess Leia or a Bounty Hunter?” I responded to that query:

About an hour ago Christopher Hurt
Bounty Hunter, because I doubt that Flockhart has any of her own money anymore ;-)
I have to have fun and I have to pun. Joey was writing some stand up jokes, to which I said:

About an hour ago Christopher Hurt
...Joey, you can also write jokes while seated...
(slides back, under rock)
Reported by the Official EVO Magazine, “Land Rover’s icon at 40”, which was also reported at Autoblog, “Range Rover settles into middle age, hits the big 4-0!Konata says, “Good Job!”

A few seconds ago
Christopher Hurt helped PCPA.COM.AU reach 1000 fans.
Performance Car Parts Australia sells aftermarket parts for Holden vehicles, particularly the Commodore.

About an hour ago
Christopher Hurt could say “Poor Planning on Your Part Does Not Constitute an Emergency on My Part,” but really has no power to enforce that.
About a minute ago
Christopher Hurt thinks that this may interest Nifer, John, and David.
Christopher Hurt never twaddles about Codd.

About a minute ago
Christopher Hurt says, “I have similarly done so.”
“Trying to write in front of the telly. I've achieved the perfect balance of not really working or watching the football,” says David Schneider.

How to Be a Quiet Leader and Have a Big Impact
Well, I would use that, sometimes unintentionally...

A few seconds ago
“News: One Piece Pirate Jeans for Sale in Japan // ‘I’m gonna be the Pirate King!!’ printed on buttocks in English http://4NN.cx/50046 #anime,” reports the Anime News Network, “the Internets most trusted anime news source.”

“We’re creating a list of the best driving songs of all time. ‘Low Rider,
Radar Love,Highway To Hell. Actually, this might take longer than we [Hot Wheels] thought.”
Of those songs, I only have “Low Rider,” somewhere on a mix CD.

About an hour ago Dictionary.com
“Thesaurus Word Thurs: Anacoluthia--poor grammar in a sentence. How do you pronounce it? http://bit.ly/bglQca
That is quite a useful word, which I should try not to misspell:
“RT @Luludotcom ‘10 Words You Need To Stop Misspelling’ http://bit.ly/cXsn41,” says Erica Friedman.
This series was created for the sake of being coherent:
Destiny has one great test in store for us all. Has mine already come ... and have I failed it? A deed once done cannot be undone. But perhaps it can yet be mitigated.”

You must enjoy a beer, like your girlfriend, as part of being a Toamer, at least I was told that while in Caucasus.

3 comments:

  1. This is very random but the fail whale almost reminded me of the "Beautiful Truck". This was a phenomanan going on on people's walls on facebook about the time I joined (Sept. 2005) going into the next year. The "Beautiful Truck" was a bunch of lines that make out a truck and it was "You have been hit with the beautiful truck. This makes you beautiful."
    They also had spoofs truck like the "Ugly Truck", the guy from Full House who played Uncle Jessie had his own truck. There was a regular truck...which if it hit you, you were just f'ng dead.
    The Fail Whale reminded me of that. I was thinking "You've been hit with the Fail Whale. This doesn't mean anything special...except for you failed...the size of a whale..."

    Anyway, like I said, random.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means my time to go quote:

    “Mr. Rushing, have you accounted for the variable mass of fail whales and water in your time re-entry program?”

    “Mr. O’Hare cannot give me exact figures, Admiral, so... I will make a random reference to Facebook.”

    “A random reference to Facebook? You, David? That’s extraordinary.”

    “I don’t think he understands.”

    “No, David. He means that he feels safer about your random references than most other people’s ‘stale zaniness’.”

    “Then you’re saying... it is a compliment?”

    “It is.”

    “Ah. Then I will try to make the best random reference I can.”

    ReplyDelete