The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, January 15, 2010

And so it begins

The idea of starting a web log, or blog, was first suggested to me in 2002. I find that she still has a blog to be comforting, although her blog has not been updated for some time. Later I may try to reconnect with her.

Since joining Twitter last April, I have followed many people who link to tips for blogging, and by sending updates I have been micro-blogging. Specificity and purpose are necessities for a blog. As has been shown thus far, I am usually more articulate and coherent when expressing my ideas in written, rather than verbal, form.

My original purpose for joining the Facebook community was to simply become a member of the group for Shanin and Parks, an afternoon talk show on News Radio 980 KMBZ in Kansas City, Missouri. While commuting to complete coursework for an Associate's degree at ITT Technical Institute, I would listen to Shanin and Parks for the frequent traffic updates. The hosts say they are conservative, but I strangely found myself enraged about Dennis Moore when listening one day, and I decided to stop listening to the program soon thereafter.

Instead of radio, I listen to a mix CD with seventeen tracks mostly consisting of music from the anime series Initial D, Lucky Star, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I do listen to radio when I am passenger in someone else's car, or if I have a passenger in my car.

My purpose in creating this blog is simply for the purpose of blogging. Yeah, I know that that is slightly like tautology. I will say it again
, like your girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment