The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Everything changed in January

My initial post mentioned that my purpose in blogging was simply to blog. My goodness, I am being self-referential, so much for my not being egocentric. Sven Golly, the month of January has ended. As the title of this post suggests, everything changed for me in January, 2010.

The Roving Imp Coffee House opened Monday, January 4, 2010; this resulted in my drinking coffee on a semi-regular basis. I am now obligated to link to the Roving Imp Coffee House in all my posts relating to the Roving Imp Theater on Facebook.

At 11:40 p.m. on Friday, January 8, the fuel pump on my car failed. If the circumstances had been just a little different, then the failure would have been truly catastrophic. The failure happened on eastbound K-32 before Papa Bob's barbecue. I was driving in the far lane and was able to bring the car to a safe stop. My father and I worked for more than six hours to replace the fuel pump.

At work my schedule was restored to twenty-nine hours per week, I had previously been reduced to twenty-six hours. Factually speaking, after all deductions, I net ten dollars an hour. This increase in hours results in an increase of thirty dollars per week or one hundred twenty dollars a month.

Wednesday, January 13, one of my coworkers revealed that he was taking classes in Choral Music at the University of Kansas. In order to accommodate his new class schedule, his work schedule had to change, thus my work schedule has changed. I now work mornings on weekdays. My weekends are now the standard days of Saturday and Sunday.

Now I am able to attend workshop on Saturday afternoons at the Roving Imp Training Center. Unfortunately I have decided to discontinue my attendance of Monday evening workshops.

I completed my classes at ITT Technical Institute in November, 2009, and received my 1098-T on Saturday, January 30. I decided to have my taxes filed that day at H&R Block, and learned that I qualified for a fully refundable tax credit, so I received $1000 more than I was expecting. I have considered possibly joining the trip to the Chicago Improv Festival this spring.

As January changes into February and taking stock of the changes the previous month has brought, I strangely find myself watching Smokey and the Bandit, Part 3 on HBO Family, like your girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Roving Imp Coffe House!

    I left this comment a moment ago, but it didn't stay...

    ReplyDelete