The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, March 29, 2010

Counting 853 links

Well before I had profile on Facebook, I was introduced to Google Mail by a friend. One of my job responsibilities is to attend to the phone; I generally read AutoBlog between calls.

One of my favorites is this road test: HSV GTS vs. FPV GT-P. Although these products are unique to the Australian domestic market, products of General Motors in Australia are manufactured and sold by Holden, and likewise Ford products by Ford of Australia. Holden Special Vehicles (HSV) and Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) are the performance divisions, or in-house tuners, of these respective companies, analogous to the M division at BMW or the Special Vehicles Team (SVT) at Ford.

I used to compose Google mail messages to myself full of links. At that time, a feature of the available version of Mozilla Firefox enabled me to drag the icon of the in-browser tabs to the message field within another window and automatically create a link to a page.

Yesterday at 12:38 p.m. Christopher Hurt is displaying 1 - 10 out of 849 links on Facebook. So far today he has beared the job.

The correct form of the verb to bear was not used in that status update because earlier I had received the security words "beared job" in order to link to my blog.

Obviously I have shared many links on Facebook. When updates to my Twitter and Facebook accounts were still connected, the links were simply shortened URLs within the status update. After Twitter suffered a few severe outages, some of my updates were delayed, would appear twice, or they would not appear at all, so I unlinked the accounts.

Also I enjoy tagging people and fan pages inside my status updates on Facebook, which is something I was not able when I only updated my status via Twitter.

Basically I prefer to share links on Facebook because of the richer content. My comment about the link, the title of linked page, the text from the page or about the page , and even an image are displayed when I share a link on Facebook. All of the links that I have shared, since April 11, 2009 at 4:05 p.m., remain accessible.

Pardon me, I must now share a link to this blog entry, like your girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment