The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, March 18, 2010

As perfect a Thursday

As a procrastinating perfectionist, the ideal does not often become real for me most times. However every so often I actually have a really good day.

More rare than that is the my desire to talk or write about such a day. I am more than inclined to complain about bad days, especially when everything at once seems wrong.

As an almost daily regular of the Roving Imp Coffee House, I will sometimes compromise my sleep during the week to be a part of the evening activities. The exception is Wednesday, when the daily activity is in the afternoon. This Wednesday evening, March 17, I rehearsed with Project Improv for our upcoming show on Saturday, March 20, 2010 at the Fishtank as part of Kansas City Crossroads Comedy. The rehearsal finished at 9:00 p.m., so I actually went to bed before midnight.

Adequate sleep was the first thing that led to an exceptional Thursday. Apparently seven hours of sleep is a magic number for me, because on a more usual evening during the week I only sleep for five, maybe six, hours. This week is Spring Break at Johnson County Community College, and classes are not in session, but college offices are open. Regardless I am generally tired on weekday mornings, when I work.

For me, caffeine exists to counter the effects of mild to severe drowsiness. Although coffee comes with caffeine, I currently contain my coffee consumption to the Roving Imp Coffee House. My caffeine avails itself through soda. Wednesday night I bought some Vault™ citrus soda, which according to the advertising, "drinks like a soda, [and] kicks like an energy drink."

Each twelve-ounce can of Vault contains sixty-nine milligrams of caffeine; a twelve-ounce can of Coca-Cola Classic contains half that amount. So I drank a 12-oz. can before 8:00 a.m., and I was primed for a challenge from David:
David Rushing dares you to make a random comment on this status update...about anything. That's right! Anything! It's on.
First when I responded, I wrote, in reference to Vault:
Yellow 5 is still all right with me.
Yellow 5 is still all right, oh yeah!
Yellow 5 is still all right with me.
Yellow 5 is still all right...
Responding this way I then had a musical mood, which inspired several replies:
let me hear you say yeah, (yeah yeah)
say yeah (yeah yeah yeah)
Somebody ask, everybody reply, raise your voices, now, scream (Ho!)
1 2 kick it

, ,

doo bee doo

, ,

doo bee doo


'cause breaking up is hard to do!



Backfire
Rocket dance (DOGFIGHT)
You're big time gambler
Crazy game (Break it, break it strike it, shake it)
Baby, this is your ecstasy

Of course, he did say anything, so I had to make some statement about politics, from which I usually refrain:
Christopher Hurt reminds you that Obama is an acronym and that acronym is a hackneyed and vulgar statement used by those who would like for you to keep your Change.
In this statement I was referring to O.B.A.M.A.; kitto a better slogan must exist. This present administration is not exactly popular with me, but I digress.

I am able to access Twitter and Facebook at work, so I found plenty of items of which to link on Facebook, mainly from AutoBlog.com. A British comedian, David Schneider, posted a link to a film called Four Lions.

So I began to view more videos on-line this Thursday than I had viewed in a month, including Tanner Foust drifting Mulholland Drive in his 600-horsepower Scion tC.



Although I do not follow the organized sport of drifting, I have been fascinated since I first watched the animé Initial D, or even before that when I considered going to Hot Import Nights, when they toured more widely in 2005.

Streetwise Drift Pro-Am event #1 from Chad Sommer on Vimeo.
The preceding video was presented on Facebook by Six Sigma Dyno Services. I found that viewing both these videos was better at my home, where I can actually view them with sound. Before I went home for the day, I decided to link my YouTube account to my Facebook and Twitter accounts yesterday.
Also before I left work yesterday, I became Facebook friends with a man who soon sent me a message on Facebook, asking me if my car was a 2003 or 2004. Turns out that he drives a 2004 with a five-speed manual transmission and a custom, two-tone paint job. Replying to this initial message continued between us for two or three hours and was another highlight of my Thursday.
Once home, I watched some more videos and took a brief nap before going to the Roving Imp Theater for cast photos and improv fun. While the cast photos are being taken, a rather nice, black Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG sedan just begged to be captured with camera on my mobile phone.


I made sure not to capture the license number.


The CLK 55 denotes the 5.5-liter V8. Kompressor? Yes, this V8 is supercharged.


This is the view as one looks down Oak Street.
On the way home from the Imp, the bulb for my left tail light went out. Although certainly a safety concern, the silver lining is that I had a spare bulb at home, so I did not have to go to buy a set after I finished work on Friday. The only thing that went wrong on Thursday was easily fixed.
I hope to have another day like this again soon, maybe even today, like your girlfriend!

1 comment:

  1. That first pic of the Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG is either just before or just after the present members of R.I. Spectacular JUMPed.

    Also, I just wanted to say that the idea for random things came from the fact that I didn't really have a good idea of what to say for a status update and I wanted to see if it would at least get people to comment on it. I got like 4 others to comment on it besides you.

    ReplyDelete