The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What kind of message would I send?

In one of my recent status updates, Monday, March 1, at 12:05 p.m., I said that I felt like I had sent e-mail to everyone I know. This differs from saying that I felt like had sent e-mail to everyone I know at work, which was what I meant, as I had sent nine e-mail messages that morning. Thus I clarified in a comment, but the update, lacking that qualifier, is how the status update was perceived.

I tend to fulfill all of the first three definitions of apologetic at one time in my life or another and sometimes simultaneously.

The responses caused me to wonder what kind of message I would send if I was to e-mail everyone that I know. Of course, I do not have an e-mail address for everyone that I know, so that would narrow the number of people to whom I would send an e-mail. Would I also confine myself to e-mailing those individuals in my spreadsheet of contacts? Would I use management software to administrate the list? Another technical concern would be from which of my e-mail accounts I would sent the message, but I digress.

I would likely strike an apologetic or humble tone, as I do not want to offend anyone in order to avoid conflict, so no doubt some things would be left behind, and I would likely write something positive, possibly explaining how much I value each person and how each person inspires me.

In truth, I am not likely to send one e-mail to everyone I know. I update my status and blog frequently enough for nearly everyone I know to read how I am doing, and I am confident that
nearly everyone I know does read updates to my status and blog, like your girlfriend.

2 comments:

  1. So that's why I wasn't one of the people you know that got an e-mail.
    I was wondering but didn't want to say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Monday was a busy day at work for me.
    I understand not wanting to say something.

    ReplyDelete