The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Honoring the Anniversary of September 11

On Tuesday, September 11, 2001, I was running late for class. Just as I was entering I-35, I heard about the first plane striking the World Trade Center on Z95.7 FM. I said nothing in my first class. I cried inside the entire time. We had our break between lecture and laboratory. After lab, I heard that the Pentagon had also been attacked and both towers were gone. Later I went to do some off-campus deliveries. With rumors about the closure of the U.S. borders, everyone was making a run to the fuel stations. My co-worker and I stopped at Fuddruckers on Metcalf. Back on campus, I saw the collapse of World Trade Center Seven on the air. I worked later until that night to shut down the CNN broadcast in one of the theaters on campus.
Factbox: September 11 conspirators: Where are they now?
“WASHINGTON (Reuters) - It took 19 men to hijack four airliners and crash them in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001, killing nearly 3,000 people.”
N.Y.C.: Moments of silence at ground zero - CBS News
The Early Show Video - Ground Zero’s ten year transformation - CBS.com
“Building the World Trade Center transformed New York in so many ways. 9/11 did the same as well. Chris Wragge reports on Ground Zero and the new transformation it's going through now.”
The post 9/11 effect on travel [infographic] - Holy Kaw!
American Companies Innovate at Ground Zero
“Editor’s Note: This post by Katie Denis, originally appeared in ChamberPost, the official blog of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.”
Thank you for your time.

2 comments:

  1. At my church, during church service, there is usually a children's message. On Sunday, we still had a children's message but 9/11 was the topic. It was weird because none of the children were older than 5 or 6 years old. 9/11 meant nothing to them. And if it did, it didn't mean anything more than the assasination of J.F.K. (the proverbial loss of innocence to people of my mom's generation) or the attack on Pearl Harbor (proverbial loss of innocence to my grandma's generation).
    Some children still have their innocense...

    ReplyDelete