The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, September 10, 2011

What is it with you and Ponies?

A decade has passed since a certain event, to which a post should probably be dedicated tomorrow, so I will speak about something less serious today. Whom I see at least once a week, my best friend from high school, Denton, lives three miles from me. On one of my recent visits to his house, he asked, and I am paraphrasing, “What is it with you and Ponies?”

I replied that I liked the animation, and I was doing things just to be different.
My Little Pony Corrals Unlikely Fanboys Known as ‘Bronies’
“Each day, out-of-work computer programmer Luke Allen self-medicates by watching animated ponies have magical adventures.”
OK OK OK, the scenario from the article above is likely a personal one for me, although I am presently employed.
Friendship is Metal - Winter Canon Wrap Up (Rock Cover)
“All right, yes, this sounds more punk than metal, sue me. I was just cherishing my old middle school days of listening to nothing but punk. But hey, for all ...”
Later in the episode, an instrumental version is inserted.
Winter Wrap Up (Rock Cover)
“This is a cover of a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic song, so if you don’t like ponies, listen anyway because this is a rock cover of the famous song.”
I also like the on-line community. This is also not the first time my preference for an animated series has confused my family. Tara Strong, the voice of Twilight Sparkle, has also played Bubbles in The Powerpuff Girls and Timmy in the Fairly Odd Parents, which confused my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment