The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, September 12, 2011

A second out of phase 006

For someone such as I, who watched anime on Adult Swim until 1:30 a.m., awoke at 8:30 a.m. to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and then awoke again at noon for day, Sunday was so busy thereafter that I did not write any post as I had planned to do. Denton had asked me on Friday to help him with his college mathematics course on Sunday, and I am not complaining, but I did not realize that that afternoon I would be watching Inception on Denton’s mobile phone while he and our friend Sam worked on a Honda motorcycle, which belonged to our other friend Jimmy, while Jimmy was in turn working on a car for someone else.


Source: The Wordy Thirties

A (Cat) Tree Grows In Norman
“Okay, it seems I keep showing you guys the ugliest corners of my apartment (I swear there are cute parts, too), but our place is cheap, in an awesome neighborhood, and we have great neighbors. So...”
For someone who is not complaining, I could indeed sound like the opposite. The serious post that I meant to write Sunday will be written tomorrow, so the absence of any post on Sunday, September 11, 2011 can be appropriately perceived as a moment of silence. As in improv, I may reverse-justify my actions.
Umpires show ethnic bias in ball/strike calls—unless they’re feeling watched
“Major League Baseball’s umpires exhibited a subtle but significant bias towards favoring pitchers with their own ethnicity. But, as a umpire monitoring system was rolled out, that bias began to vanish.”
Twitter / jeffalopolis: “Everyone claims they’re not racist... until they see their sushi chef ...”
The Name Game
“I got a phone call today from our dental insurance company regarding coverage for Milo. (Milo recently had his first dentist appointment with a great pediatric dentistry practice.) The insurance...”
Many charities exist to help people whose insurance will not cover certain procedures.
First Pair of Back to the Future Marty McFly Nike Shoes Sell for $37,500 - The Hollywood Reporter
“Joel McHale promised to throw in a puppy to the unidentified bidder at Los Angeles’ Montalban Theater Thursday night.”

I know, it is going to be /)^ɛ^(\ so awesome!

LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale < Gallardo < Models < Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. Official website of Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
“Since 1963, Italian luxury and super sports cars maker. Sant'Agata Bolognese, Bologna, Italy.”

Me Slag say you full of beryllium baloney!

Debbie Wasserman Schultz: It's ‘Baloney’ to Say Stimulus Didn’t Work
“The Florida Democrat was plugging President Obama’s jobs plan on Fox News. She said the plan would be paid for by ‘closing corporate loopholes,’ bringing jobs back to the U.S., and by raising taxes on the ‘wealthy and more fortunate.’”
When I say, “I’m taking lunch,” I usually mean, “I’m going to the kitchen to set something on fire.”

No comments:

Post a Comment