The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, May 28, 2010

Need to read again 007

Since 2006, like your girlfriend, I have read AutoBlog; however, I have failed to visit the site in the last few days, and fourteen pages later I am caught up. One of their features, “Daily U-Turn: What you missed on [this date]”, is like what I try to do with posts in this series, “Need to read again”.

A few seconds ago
Christopher Hurt says, with regards to Hannah Mott and her acceptance to an university in the U.K., “I admit that I have a problem with premature congratulations.”
I know Hannah through classes at the Roving Imp Theater. She has a performance tonight as part of the Robot Parade. Sorry, Hannah, I did not know that the comments section would not accept HTML. Another of my friends on Facebook also set an interesting thing as her status:

11 hours ago
IMPORTANT: WARNING!!! As of tomorrow, Facebook will creep into your bathroom when you're in the shower, fondle your butt, and pinch you in uncomfortable places. To change this option, go to Privacy Settings > Personal Settings > Bathroom Settings > Fondling and Pinching Settings and uncheck the Shenanigans box. Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy & paste on your status to alert the unaware!
I welcome those sort of funny diversions, but once again someone posted the same rubbish to the page for World Vision, and I responded:

About 3 hours ago Christopher Hurt
please post this garbage elsewhere. The world needs real prayer and not this superstitious garbage!
For reference, the same rubbish is found at the end of the post to which I linked. That is the most insipid rubbish at least since the so-called romantic dialogue in Star Wars: Episode II. With righteous indignation, I am personally offended by the presence of that rubbish in the message thread, and I do not often pray and am not even in any relationship!

I hope that I do not see that rubbish again, but if so then I shall write another “Botch-fest”, although I do not need that as an excuse. Another friend asked in her status, “....am I right, people?” I responded:

About an hour ago Christopher Hurt
“You are right, Mr. Fetachini.”
I was reflexly referencing ‘Garfield and Friends’.
About 45 minutes ago Christopher Hurt
I remember now: it was the episode where Garfield was the “stunt cat”.
Those remind me of an interesting site I found through Twitter via The Manga Critic, or rather, through The Manga Critic blog. Garfield Minus Garfield removes Garfield from the comic; however, the Square Root of Minus Garfield is similar but is crowd-sourced. I shared a few links on my profile from Square Root:

Wednesday at 9:52 a.m.
Christopher Hurt says, “Wicked awesome!”
This is a combination of the first Garfield strip, and the first two pages of the Manga, Whats Michael? by Makoto Kobayashi.
Wednesday at 12:09 p.m.
Christopher Hurt reminds you that paronomasia is also “nerd” humor.
Caption: 6 hours later...
Jon: Okay, Garfield. I've done all the math.
{A plot showing a Nermal curve}
Jon: Fascinating!
Wednesday at 1:28 p.m.
Christopher Hurt is trying to imagine the tune.
Garfield: {singing} You can scratch up my chair, insult my ma, play with my mouse, or beat up my dog, but don't you...
Garfield: {singing} Sleep in my blue wood bed... You can do anything, but don't lie in my blue wood bed.
I recently hear some news about Ford:

About 7 hours ago
Christopher Hurt likes the comment of Asian Martin, “You've Got To Remove Mercury Off Your List.” The entire Mercury line has consisted of nothing other than bland, badge-engineered, derivative products for years, so please do kill it, Ford Motor Company.
Lastly today was payday so I went downtown:

About 29 minutes ago
Christopher Hurt found the parking virtues of the Chevy Cavalier, ate an awesome burrito and drank some Dr Pepper at Z-Teca Mexican Grill in Crown Center, and returned home to find that Twitter is over capacity.
I will be enjoying shows at the Roving Imp Theater and Coffee House tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment