The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Monday, May 10, 2010

YES, I affect YOUR life!

For an unknown number of months since sometime last year, my father has had a highly dubious plan to re-arrange the furniture in the living room of the house. While off this week from his work, my father spontaneously decided to start this project, and to do so is his right.

To which I have sentimental attachments, a rubbish pile is located beside my chair in the living room. Yesterday my rubbish pile was moved and some was thrown away. The actions taken towards my rubbish pile were the subjects of squabbling and heated discussion last night.

The argument ended when I promised for Wednesday that I would do something about that pile of rubbish and at least one other pile of rubbish in the “home office” of my father.
More piles of rubbish than anyone else in the house‼
Yes, a win for me‼
Happier times began once I found my Verizon rebate, which arrived about a month ago in the form of a debit card. Yesterday I spent exactly thirteen dollars of the fifty dollars in the rebate, some at Sonic® — America’s Drive-In® and some at Quiktrip. Sweet‼

Becoming more evident, this post is not about the plan to re-arrange the furniture in the living room, but my rather-sudden interjections of celebration. Besides my refreshing naïveté and my attempts at humor, my rather-sudden interjections of celebration are one of my more endearing qualities. That is the subject of this post, and also my discovery of the double exclamation mark. Sweet, double exclamation mark‼

Kitto how endearing a quality is dependent on the mood of those around me. For my sisters, my rather-sudden interjections of celebration are of more of an annoyance than an endearing quality. Perhaps I would be more correct to say that my rather-sudden interjections of celebration are an enduring quality. YES, shouting for my amusement‼

At the start of shows at the Roving Imp Theater, when he is seated near the front row, David will shout:
YEAH‼
That means the my time to go to a musical bridge:
let me hear you say yeah, (yeah, yeah)
say yeah (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Somebody ask, everybody reply, raise your voices,
now, scream (Ho‼)
1 2 kick it
I have a tendency to make rather-sudden interjections of celebration when I am right about some trivial fact:

April 29 at 12:32 a.m. Christopher Hurt
@David- THANK YOU, yes, I AM technically correct!
Reading text messages aloud is not technically a stage performance of improv, which was to what I was referring.
Another example was Saturday night at the Roving Imp Theater and Coffee House, during a discussion, nearly everyone made a guess:
What year, in the TV series of the same name, was Buck Rogers launched into deep space?
Okay, okay, okay, the question was neither formally phrased nor formally from the game Trivial Pursuit. My answer was 1987, which I remember from the opening credits:


Okay, they were something like that. After someone checked the Web using an iPhone, I said:
YES, 1987‼ I told you‼ I told you‼
Perhaps I should work on that habit, like your girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. Celebrating is one thing. I would just say to watch that you don't injure anyone's ear drums when you celebrate.

    Yes, it is possable. It is possably possable.

    ReplyDelete