The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, May 21, 2010

Toward flecked

I have skipped right past allowing the security words to inspire my status updates and turned them straight into the title of this post to my blog. When I first started this post, I was merely going to review or at least comment on Blue Streak; however, I fear that more than one unnecessary post to my blog on the same day only risks further disruption of the space-time continuum.

I have modified two quotes for this:

First a quote from Now & Again, a T.V. series previously aired on the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS);
“You know who I am, don’t you? So you know what I’m capable of, don’t you? Then hear me, friend. If you breathe a word of what you’ve seen tonight-- if you breathe a single syllable of your theory-- I will smite your ass so fast you'll skip right past heaven and hell and be turned straight into pus.”

“Pus?”

“Pus. It’s got to come from somewhere, right?”
And second a quote from Back to the Future Part III;
“Do not - I repeat - do not attempt to come back here to get me. I am perfectly happy living in the fresh air and wide open spaces, and I fear that unnecessary time travel only risks further disruption of the space-time continuum. And please take care of Einstein for me.”
Actually I just did not feel like writing two posts today. Yes, I am that lazy and did not want to be too tightly bound to one premise. I purpose a connection between the two possible posts: fleck as a noun means a spot or a streak, and a bit of spotty logic is the only way to connect the two.

REGNIER CENTER UPPER LEVEL PARKING GARAGE CLOSED FOR REPAIRS MAY 24 – 30
The Regnier Center upper level parking garage, adjacent to the south entrance of the building, will be closed to perform repairs May 24 – 30.
J.C.C.C. had not placed any barriers today, so I parked in that lot. This post may itself be leaning toward flecked. I will briefly return to the initial idea for this post:

Saturday at 1:09 a.m.
Christopher Hurt is watching Blue Streak on Turner Network Television and someday he might be okay with that.
Blue Streak is notable for featuring the song “Bling Bling”, from which the slang term springs, as traveling music. Luke Wilson grounds the movie well; however, I have really never found Martin Lawrence to be funny. My family also has Blue Streak in our DVD collection, and early Saturday my father had just finished re-arranging the furniture in the living room, so he decided to watch the movie on cable for a change. I really did not have much to say there, I suppose.

The Divergence Eve was actually somewhere earlier in this post. On this blog, I have stated that I am a Trans-fan and am aware of other meanings of the term. In Trans-fandom, Bluestreak is a character allied with the Autobots and was one of the first figures available in Generation 1 (G1).

I never possessed Bluestreak as a G1 figure, which was actually silver, but I do own Silverstreak as a figure from the Alternators line. As a G1 figure, a Datsun Fairlady Z is the alternate mode of Bluesstreak. In the Alternators line, a Subaru Impreza WRX is the alternate mode of Silverstreak. In both toy lines, the mold for Bluestreak is also used for other figures: in G1, both Prowl and Smokescreen also share the mold; and in Alternators, both Ricochet and Smokescreen also share the mold.
All the same
Things over and over again
I was also going to comment on a little running gag:

About 13 hours ago
Christopher Hurt gave JCCC Project Improv until 5:17 p.m., then he went to see Iron Man 2. He would rather watch the Audi R8 Spyder or Family Guy over Lost any day.
As previously noted, rather than simply saying that I do not understand or that I do not follow what someone is saying on Facebook, I might comment:

May 10 at 7:43 p.m. Christopher Hurt
TUESDAYS 9|8c on ABC; SERIES FINALE EVENT SUNDAY MAY 23 STARTING AT 7|6c
By commenting thus I am saying that I AM LOST; it is kind of a little running gag. Another of my favorite running gags involves sending a picture message. My 2003 Chevy Cavalier is covered with snow at least once a year. A friend recently observed, “Everyone’s status updates are about Lost. I’m so lost...”

About 11 hours ago David
Tell me about it! I mean, what’s Lost, a TV show or something? =p
About 15 minutes ago
Christopher Hurt activates secondary little-running gag: “Dude, where’s my car?
http://www.editurl.com/h3j
(slides back, under rock)
I have previously uploaded pictures of my snow-covered car to Facebook. Kitto I am equally unlikely to ever completely view the entire series of Twin Peaks or The X-Files as I am to view Lost.

I am equally unlikely to ever to go to the cinema to see any of the films advertised ahead of Iron Man 2 last night at the Cinemark Merriam: Killers (I severely dislike the premise and Ashton Kutcher), Twilight: Eclipse (Please let everyone in this insipid series die!), or Grown Ups (I severely dislike the premise and Adam Sandler, although I do like Kevin James and Chris Rock).

Though I enjoyed the preview and I thoroughly like the animated series, I am not likely to be seeing The Last Airbender, because M. Night Shyamalan really does not need my money.

A friend of mine on Facebook found the following and set it as her status:
Just remember you can always be replaced by a seven n a half inch piece of plastic n 2 fuckin battery’s!!!
I responded to the grammar and I responded a bit too vitriolically, thus I have been unfriended. I have been too much of a hothead around paper; my literacy conforms to whatever group decides to read tonight at the Roving Imp Theater and Coffee House.

This is the truth from my heart, like your girlfriend.

3 comments:

  1. "-Einstein?

    -It's your dog, Doc. It's what you call your dog in 1985."

    Wow! There's a flash back to Friday morning in Chicago. Only then, it was BTTF2.
    By the way, I'm not a huge fan of Martin Lawrence either. But in that movie, he proves that he is actually White. He says "Yo tengo el gato grande en mi pantelones." Luke Wilson has to tell him that it means "I've got a big cat in my pants." Obviously, Martin Lawrence is pop cultures equivilent of a White-American since pop culture sees anyone who acts like they can speak Spanish but can't or can speak "street" but can't to be "Whiter than mayoneis."
    I'm not one who can complain. I'm one of those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should perhaps visit BTTF.com.

    Is Tsukasa actually a mayonnaise fiend?

    ReplyDelete