The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

MBH - my brain hurts 003

Perhaps I have several more serial-blog posts than I realize.

No “Postscript to Experiment” or “Need to read again” will work for this post and “Botch-fest” is just too much, so I just might as well again use “MBH - my brain hurts”.

Chris Pirillo
posted a quote on Twitter:
I am too weary to listen, too angry to hear.
Whenever I feel the need to respond to a post about politics, I will refer to this quote, instead of thinking of an intelligent response. Yeah, I am that lazy, and because politics make MBH.

Between the time I first saved this post and the time I awoke this morning, a thunderstorm caused significant damage about the metropolitan area in which I live, Kansas City. Now, personally we had no storm damage, but the water that usually leaks into the basement has largely failed to drain:

2 hours ago via Text Message
Christopher Hurt hates the world today: an inch of water found downstairs and every signal light found on the way to work.
My days have started better. The terminal at which I usually work became infected yesterday, so the restoration process is now entering its second hour. I am able to use another terminal at the next desk; however, this terminal does not have two monitors.

Before I left home for work this morning, Fox News was interviewing Trace Atkins about the “Disaster in the Gulf”? What the Hell does Trace Atkins know about the “Disaster in the Gulf”? MBH‼

Since my comments are tracing earlier events, I commented on the status of a friend on Facebook:

Yesterday at 7:21 p.m. Christopher Hurt
They have T-Shirts about ADD. They have T-Shirts about procrastination. I do not think that they have a T-Shirt about both; so that fact alone convinces me that these are separate conditions.
He responded:

Yesterday at 7:25 p.m.
Ha ha no Austin, and except Chris, that it's not just procrastinating. It's when I finally sit down and do it, I get distracted very easily. Like...very. People who know me would not deny if I told them I had ADD. So even though they are separate conditions can one effect the other? Just because they don't have a t-shirt about it doesn't mean that they don't correlate or even cause and effect for that matter. Maybe though, I should make a t-shirt to convince you otherwise =)
Yesterday at 9:47 p.m. Christopher Hurt
“Don't act hostile, I'll use the universal greeting.”
“‘Universal greeting’?”
“Watch, I'll have them eating out of my hands. Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.”
“‘Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong’?”
“Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.”
“See, the universal greeting works every time.”
Especially when MBH, I like using that dialogue. In other situations when MBH, I might post:

Monday at 7:43 p.m. Christopher Hurt
TUESDAYS 9|8c on ABC; SERIES FINALE EVENT SUNDAY MAY 23 STARTING AT 7|6c
Monday at 8:00 p.m. David
Zach’s status is from HOLY GRAIL, and my comment is from SPAMALOT...the musical version.
Monday at 9:25 p.m. Zach
You're an odd duck, Christopher Hurt :)

Excuse me, what I meant to say was, Eggs! 79 cents a dozen! Aisle 6!
Monday at 9:59 p.m. Christopher Hurt
QUOCK! I was referring to the fact that I was LOST; the series LOST presently airs Tuesdays on ABC. QUOCK!
Tuesday at 12:53 a.m. Christopher Hurt
I am indeed an odd duck, and in order to have proven that I had meant to imitate a duck character from a recent Coma rehearsal. QUONCK! There; that is much better.
Responding to another status by David, I used the quote again:

12 hours ago Christopher Hurt
“Don't act hostile, I'll use the universal greeting.”
“‘Universal greeting’?”
“Watch, I'll have them eating out of my hands. Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.”
“‘Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong’?”
“Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.”
“See, the universal greeting works every time.”
(slides back, under rock)
12 hours ago David
Chris, now I'm on ABC on Tuesday nights at 8/7c or something like that.
12 hours ago
Christopher Hurt cowers
The Transformers: The Movie (1986) - Memorable quotes

(slides back, under rock)
Unknown is how long I will respond with that quotation, but I really do like making a reference to Lost when I am not following what someone is saying, because then MBH less, and I am willing to do nearly anything to stop the feeling that a hammer has been dragged across my head, like your girlfriend.

2 comments:

  1. Trace Atkins is a Country artist, is he not?
    He could have been planning a concert down in the gulf. Why he was going to do a concert in the water, I don't know. But there's that possability.
    Maybe he's got a family member who died in the oil spill. That's right he's 1/2 duck. He's got a song only online called "Quonk My Heart." (No, none of that is true).
    Also, don't forget that FOX tends to swing more Tabloid than News. And if you can get a celebraty to say what they think of a subject in a Tabloid, it's gospel.

    Oh, and May 11 was Monty Python quote day...like the 4th was Star Wars update day. I wasn't aware of that when I posted what I posted on Zach's status. I just recognized it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually had the T.V. set on mute when Atkins was on Fox News. What did you think of my quote?

    ReplyDelete