The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summary of Improv Goals 002

Color me confused, like your girlfriend, because I actually thought, yeah, I actually thought that the director of the thoroughly impressive show of K.C. improvisers at the Roving Imp Theater and Coffee House last Sunday night was also the guy from Monsters, Inc.

Ultimately I learned that his last name does also not begin with the often over-hyped, middle initial of the 43rd President of the United States.

David Razowsky
is also not the player opposite T.J. in Trust Us, This is All Made Up, the T.J. & Dave movie. The T.J. & Dave movie was screened at the Roving Imp Theater on Friday, January 1.

With hope, my readers are finding my naivete to be refreshing, “I don’t know who any of those people are.” To be more technically correct, this situation is less about my naivete and more about my ability to be confused fairly easily.

More than twenty cents was moved in the Razowsky workshops this weekend, there has apparently been a real pair-of-dimes shift!

My failed joking aside, John says, “Now [I have] a clear path to follow for the foreseeable future, thanks to Mr. Dave Razowsky.” This week the workshop on Monday was both successful and full!

On Sunday, May 9, in preparation for the Sunday Warriors show on Saturday, May 22, I was given a note on my lack of energy, which besides my goal to work on my lack of physicality, sums up two of the greatest weaknesses in my improv. High energy is important in a show consisting largely of short-form improv.

Any progress on these goals are far from moot, although the style of improv in the Razowsky workshops this weekend was more about slow discovery. Regardless, Denton has asked for me to do the technical work for the debut show of International House of Mancakes (IHOM) on Friday, June 11, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment