The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

“Maybe Attending”

Through Facebook, I have been invited to a few events, and most times I respond, “Maybe Attending”; I am non-committal, but “Maybe Attending” is a positive response, because Facebook certainly interprets that as a positive response; all these positive responses appear in “Events” in my sidebar.

Do I know exactly what I am doing every weekend? Generally, yes, improv at the Roving Imp Theater dominates my weekends, although most Sundays I also have rehearsal with Project Improv.

Apparently “‘Intergalactic’ STAR WARS Status Day” is today. I am non-committal, but I responded, “Maybe Attending”; while I do want to participate, I have only seen Episode I, II, III, and IV, but I really know no quotes from Star Wars.

5 hours ago my friend on Facebook, who invited me, posted:
“I ain’t in this for your revolution sweetheart; I expect to be well-paid.” May the Fourth be with you!
3 hours ago he continued:
off to the land of dreams... “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side. There’s no all-powerful Force that guides my destiny. You ask me, it’s just a bunch of superstitious nonsense.”
8 hours ago David
<-- a="" about="" from="" his="" monkey="" my="" of="" penis="" point="" script="" something="" span="" style="font-style: italic;" this="" view="" with="" wrote="">Star Wars
day and quoting from one of the movies. This is what was said when the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000 watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. That counts right? Let me know when I can get away with quoting a Star Trek movie. I know those by heart and don't have to look up a YouTube video just to get a quote.2 hours ago Christopher Hurt
I only said that I was “Maybe Attending”.

Memory Alpha has some good Star Trek quotes.

(slides back, under rock)
I posted on the event wall 14 minutes ago:
“Someone once said, ‘Don’t try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment.’”
“That's rhetorical nonsense. Who said that?”
“You did, ten years from now.”
Yeah, that is a quote from Star Trek: First Contact. Specifically I searched for that quote, and found it first on Memory Alpha.

About a minute ago
Christopher Hurt also wonders,
What the Hell is an ‘Aluminum Falcon’?!”
“Is it a fast ship?”
“Are you kidding, it’s the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.”
“Isn't a parsec is a unit of distance, not time?”

A parsec sound bite



About an hour ago
David would like to go get Meat Loaf’s new album. But I don't have a car right now.
About a minute ago Christopher Hurt
“Tires. Tires.“

and I will quote The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift:

“Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa! Another set? No. Look, that was your third set today. I mean, them tires ain't cheap.”
I might post lyrics from “Oh! Susanna”, too, like your girlfriend.

Christopher Hurt has updated his blog about an hour ago !

About a minute ago Christopher Hurt
I'm still updating this post; this post will follow Porsche’s philosophy of “continuous improvement”.
About a minute ago Christopher Hurt
“Don't act hostile, I'll use the universal greeting.”
“‘Universal greeting’?”
“Watch, I'll have them eating out of my hands. Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.”
“‘Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong’?
“Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.”
“See, the universal greeting works every time.”

2 comments:

  1. As it turns out, I also couldn't get the new Meat Loaf album because it won't be availible in the US until next week. It was released in the UK about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    Not that it matters all that much...just a sad realization that came to my mind well after I had posted the comment.

    ReplyDelete