The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Awesome sauce?

I just remembered that lost episodes of Top Gear America began airing on BBC America last night!
Twitter / Sylene Senna: Finally watching the new ...
“Finally watching the new TopGear. God, they did a feature on Ayrton Senna, the racer whose last name I took on. Kinda getting glassy-eyed.”
Awesome sauce...I have no idea what that meant, but I hope that that implies food with yo’ party on August 15, Julie.
Twitter / Brandon Mendelson: President Obama will ...
“President Obama will appear on The View this Thursday giving the program credibility it doesn’t deserve”
Of course, lack of credibility is spelled O-B-A-M-A. I also dispute that the show should be called The View, instead of A View or A Collective View. Yeah, that show has always been ‘stupid’.
2011 Audi A7 Sportback Officially Unveiled in Munich [video]
“The 5-door, fastback coupe is Audi's own unique foray into the sport coupe segment with rear passenger doors. Audi describes the car as a combination of elegant coupe, sport sedan and practical wagon.”
“I usually only get this excited when they say the title of the movie in the movie.”
Yes, I just watched some Family Guy on the Official - [adult swim] on the on-demand. I lost 2 to 1 at Monopoly to David at the Roving Imp Coffee House, and I was inspired by the iTunes library of Julie to more notably belt out “Koi no Mikuru Densetsu”, “God knows”, “Lost my music”, and “Hare Hare Yukai” on the commute home.
COLLEGE BOULEVARD AND ANTIOCH ROAD INTERSECTION TO CLOSE SATURDAY, JULY 31, FOR 10 DAYS
The City of Overland Park suggests that you get out your GPS and map a new route that avoids the intersection of College Boulevard and Antioch Road.

Starting Saturday, July 31, and continuing for 10 days, this major intersection will be closed as it is reconstructed as part of the Antioch widening from 108th Street south to 120th Street. The four-lane divided thoroughfare is being widened to six lanes.

The Antioch Road and College Boulevard intersection will be closed starting at 7 a.m. Saturday, weather permitting. It is scheduled to reopen on Tuesday, Aug. 10.

This work is part of the $8.3 million Antioch Road widening project. Completion is set for late fall.

Alternate routes are I-435 for eastbound and westbound traffic and Metcalf Avenue for northbound and southbound traffic.

More than 24,000 vehicles travel north and south on Antioch Road and more than 19,000 vehicles travel east and west on College Boulevard at this intersection. If you are one of those drivers, please make alternate plans during the closure.”
I wore a work shirt today and was asked, while at QuikTrip, if “Joe” still worked at Johnson County Community College. After some consideration, I said yes.
Twitter / Martin G.: I love how there are about ...
“I love how there are about six stories online right now about the Explorer Sport-Trac being cancelled. They announced that in July...2009.”
For a short time I confused “Joe” with “Joel” in my mind. I know two men named “Joe” and two men named “Joel”, and that my department has been merged with two different divisions in the last four years; this further was complicated.
Sexy Comic Con 2010 Cosplay [Pics]
“Just like last year at the end of Comic Con 2009, we scoured Flickr for some of the best CC cosplay photography of the event.”
The first “Joe” has not worked at J.C.C.C. in six years, and I consider him a good friend. The second “Joe” works in the department with which my department was formerly merged, and I only saw him recently in training, because our departments both adopted the same software for tracking inventory.

The first “Joel” teaches at J.C.C.C., but he can also be found on the air at KMBC-TV. The second “Joel” has worked here for a few years, and I have known him since high school, so we are both friends of Denton, and he is also part of the Cowtown Computer Congress of Kansas City.

Ultimately I realized that the clerk had meant the second “Joe,” and I sent an e-mail to the second “Joe.” Christopher Hurt has division meeting in two hours over lunch, like your girlfriend, which is not necessarily catered by the Mr Goodcents at Metcalf and 91st, but certainly by that restaurant chain, I apologize.

2 comments:

  1. Personally I like when they say the title of the Bond film in the Bond film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a time, back when I was going to JCCC from '02-'05 that I would take College to Antioch or visa-versa going or coming because I wasn't comfortable with highways. I never have much of an excuse to take that way anymore...fortunate for me.
    Also, are you refering to the Family Guy episode when it's stated about the love of movies mentioning the title in the movie.
    -"Because I am Superman IV: The Quest for Peace."
    It's been a while since I saw that episode so the quote may be off a bit.

    ReplyDelete