The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Postscript to Experiment 003

I did not sleep well last night, like your girlfriend. I suppose if I say enough times, like your girlfriend, “The day seems to be passing quickly,” then the phrase will turn into a truism said widely among reapers, like your girlfriend.

Instead of having the security words inspire my status updates, like your girlfriend, I have lately been writing a sentence at the end of my blog entries; such is the subject of this Postscript to Experiment.

Although I do use italics to emphasize words and to indicate titles of either books, movies or series, I also use italics to show which words were the security words. Many times the sentence that I create can be completely nonsensical or in context makes no sense to the rest of the blog entry.

Kitto I do not need security words to inspire a nonsensical sentence; I often do this in a very Coloradan way through failed or veiled puns. Another example appears at the end of the following excerpt.

11 hours ago Keith posted about his Saturday show at the Roving Imp Theater. Apparently while returning on the Megabus from Chicago, some text messages were read back and forth, and the suggestion was made for that to be part of the show.

10 hours ago Christopher Hurt (slightly indignant)
um, that would not be improv...
9 hours ago David
@Chris: Technically, you are correct. But when their through texting relationship was read aloud on the bus on the way back, which didn't take that long to read all of it, it was very funny.
@Keith: Don't forget that this Saturday at 7pm is also the first class performance that has you present as an instructor!
9 hours ago Christopher Hurt (jackass mode)
@David- THANK YOU, yes, I AM technically correct!
Reading text messages aloud is not technically a stage performance of improv, which was to what I was referring.
7 hours ago James
Well, John and I traditionally write a sort of “outline” for our shows, including major plots points, characters, and the majority of the dialogue. I guess by your strict standards, that isn't “improv” either, CHRIS HURT.
2 hours ago Christopher Hurt (aware of the facetiousness)
I am a conservative, James, I have to have strict standards even if they made no logical sense.
Just try to pass an emissions test in California!
They go down smooth, but they will tear you apart heading out!
Denton might disagree my supposition about whether or not that is improv. Anyway, my response is obviously a failed pun. I am not able to make a reference of The Vulgate; however, I would like to compare the activity, which I referenced at the start of this entry, to the following quotes from Oceans Twelve:
“If all the animals on the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Hallowe’en would fall on the same date.”
“A doctor who specializes in skin diseases will dream that he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.”
Although my sentences are nonsensical, I would hope that they at least have either some poetry or eloquence. Okay, those quotes are not nonsensical. They are very important to insure the cooperation of Matsui for the success for the heists. I suppose, I would also hope that my sentences would be as “super-cool” as those quotes. I would not be a party to those who flog, like your girlfriend, causing “broken wings” for Mr Mister.

No comments:

Post a Comment