The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Sunday, 2010

To be technically correct, the best kind of correct, Easter Sunday, April 4, 2010, began at midnight, thus the day can be partially recapitulated. At this writing, the current time is less than an hour after the noon hour, so half the day has passed.

Digressing from the overly flowery language for a moment, a few days ago I joined a group on Facebook, The Church of "Truth", after I read a note about Easter from the creator of the group. Previously I had became a friend of the creator of the group on Facebook, and I was completely unaware of the existence of the group until I read the note.

No class is in session at the Roving Imp Theater and JCCC Project Improv has no rehearsal on Easter, so this day has been completely unscheduled.

Some of the events of Saturday, April 3, continued their into course in Sunday. Saturday my father and I helped my friends Steve and Allen move, respectively from Bonner Springs, Kansas and Independence, Missouri, to Kansas City, Missouri. This had been but a temporary delay for me to the improv shows that night at the Roving Imp Theater and Coffee House.

Arriving near the end of the Coma part of the first show, I missed the first half of Dial-A-Show. Biblioclast followed Coma, and the second of Dial-A-Show completed an evening of superior shows from all ensembles! From the evening, Nifer said that she was "feeling bouncy".

Five or six people left and we all settled into some quiet, small discussions. Before heading down to their apartment to bring up materials for Easter baskets for their two children, John and Denise, and the rest of us, were interrupted by a man, blitzed out of his mind, obviously looking for the "hole" of a bar next door.

Put whatever four-letter word in front of "hole" that you like. Although only two words are appropriate, I shall not use either of them on this blog; after all, today is Easter. Anyway, he was dispatched once, returned one more time and was dispatched again. Someone also did a burnout on Oak Street and the air stank of burnt rubber for ten or fifteen minutes.

After their children's baskets were finished, John and Denise shared the remaining candy with us. Three or so more people departed and I migrated to the large sofa with the cover. I had had a trying day, and my eyes watered from this condition. After a severe coughing spell, I became aware that my body had enough for the evening, and I also departed from the theater, departed for home.

Already thinking of status updates and blog entries, I signed onto the computer soon after I returned home. Saturday night into Sunday morning is the only time that Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network airs animé (rōmaji would not have required me to use the accent mark). I began another blog entry and completely watched episode 159 of Bleach, episode two of Fooly Cooly (FLCL), and episode nineteen of Cowboy Bebop. After 2:30 a.m. during an episode of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, I fell asleep, and turned off the TV set halfway through the episode.

Briefly at 7:30 a.m. I awoke, then after 9:00, and 10:30. Finally rising from bed at 11:30 a.m., I had slept for nine of the twelve hours of Easter. I will likely take a nap this afternoon. May you have a tranquil Easter, like your girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment