The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, April 30, 2010

Botch-fest 007

I am choosing to live in denial, like your girlfriend. I am choosing to avoid liberal bias in the media. I am lazy and I live under rock, oblivious to politics or news, but somehow even I have heard of the new state law on immigration passed in Arizona.

Yet I have not really read that story, I only found that link and the fact, “Kansas Secretary of State candidate Kris Kobach scored a victory earlier this month in Arizona”, in a story by The Pitch, through a quick search on Google. Using Google as a verb would have been a misnomer.
I have only one thing to say about Arizona:


Scottsdale, I apologize. I have only one thing to say about immigration:



Yes, the true weakness of my political philosophy is that it is based entirely on episodes of South Park. I have only one thing to say about Family Guy:



The creators of South Park are also ethical writers. I believe what they say; perhaps that is 386SPAR.PAR of my refreshing naïveté.

April 24 at 10:43 p.m.
Christopher Hurt thinks that seeing BASSPROV tonight, and The Roving Imp Theater and Spite tomorrow would be all 386SPAR.PAR of being at the Chicago Improv Festival.
April 25 at 12:11 a.m. David
I have no idea what 386SPAR.PAR is.
April 25 at 12:14 a.m. Christopher Hurt
The permanent swap file for Microsoft Windows 3.1, which provides virtual memory. I like to say “386SPAR.PAR” instead of “part in parcel”.
Sometimes for the sake of a pun or otherwise, I will feign ignorance.

About an hour ago a friend posted her status:
Have you seen rupauls drag race? It's excellent!!!
About an hour ago Christopher Hurt
Yeah, the Shelby won.


(slides back, under rock)
About an hour ago she replied:
Not the right drag race. Sorry chris. I was talking about gay people!! ;)
About an hour ago Christopher Hurt
Oh.
RuPaul has been famous since at least 1994. I have heard of RuPaul. Okay, this was not a traditional “Botch-fest” post, yet by essaying I have solved another issue , like your girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember if it was a Monday night or Saturday afternoon but back around October, we were doing a celebraty circle warm up and the suggestion was Ron Paul in a Quick Trip. So I said in a gay voice "Oh my, these prices are so dandy." When I got some awkward laughs, I said, "or maybe I'm thinking of somebody else."
    Then John said, "that's RuPaul."

    ReplyDelete