The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, April 23, 2010

Need to read again 003

Yesterday was quite hectic for my coworkers at the technical-support desk — Where was that pot roast? I could just smell pot roast in the office! — Thursday, April 22, was first day of registration for the Fall 2010 semester. Today I received a Cavalier Card as a “Thank You” from my Boss; the CavCard is for use at Dining Services and the Bookstore at Johnson County Community College. For having nearly all of my friends, from the Roving Imp Theater and Coffee House, out of town for the Chicago Improv Festival, today is turning out to be pretty sweet!

Last night I found a website by fans of Kidd Video. In the mid-1980s, the National Broadcasting Company (NBC) aired Kidd Video, a show combining live-action and animation, on Saturday mornings. Kidd Video Flipside features information about the show and links to a rotating selection of episode clips on YouTube. I was awake until nearly 1:00 a.m. this morning while on this website, and I was previously concerned that I would be bored!

A few hours ago
Christopher Hurt during the commute had a moment straight from Back to the Future Part II, while waiting for the left-turn signal.

“Right now? It's pouring rain.”

“Wait five more seconds.”

The rain stops in exactly five seconds, [and the signal changes].

“Right on the tick. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.”
2 hours ago David
Too bad the postal service isn't as efficient as the weather service.
That is one of my favorite films, and I had also used exit 82 from the highway (I-435). Again I added links to the above quotes. File the following under related news:

A major portion of Antioch Road that serves College Boulevard, Corporate Woods and I-435 will undergo construction starting the week of April 26.

Overland Park is widening Antioch Road from four to six lanes from 108th Terr. to 120th Terr. as part of an $8.3 million project. Completion is set for fall.

Antioch Road will remain open except during reconstruction of the College Boulevard intersection, which will be closed for 10 days during the summer. Once a date for closure is set, a public announcement will be made.

More than 24,600 vehicles travel north and south on Antioch Road from I-435 to 119th Street. If you are one of those drivers, make alternate plans.

Expect delays and frequent lane restrictions. Metcalf Avenue and Quivira Road are possible alternate routes.

While on the road with MegaBus to Chicago, my friends commented on their statuses, particularly around St. Louis, Missouri. Keith wrote something about the Cubs.

About an hour ago Christopher Hurt
Wait a minute.....Cubs win World Series....against Miami?

Yeah, something huh? Who would have thought? 100 to 1 shot. I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season and put some money on the Cubs.

No, I just meant Miami.....what did you just say?

I said I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubbies!
An hour ago David
I didn't invent the time machine to win at gambling. I envented the time machine to travel through time!
Via Mobile Web 9 hours ago
Christopher Hurt is going to try out this CavCard that his Boss gave to him in appreciation of his work.
Christopher Hurt just ate some nachos with chili and cheese, using a metal fork!
Christopher Hurt thought that'd rhyme, well, it don’t...
Later my sister came home for the weekend from K-State.
Christopher Hurt just celebrated the birthday of his sister. We had some pizza from Pizza Hut, some Dr Pepper, some overly indulgent fudge cake, and some vanilla ice cream.
The family and I watched a family favorite, Ocean’s Eleven.
Christopher Hurt may have a harking back to his blog entry.
Yes, my life may actually be quite dull, but at least I am spending time with the family. The glopping sound from stepping in the water, which has because of rain seeped into the basement, like your girlfriend, really is not excusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment