The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, April 9, 2010

Botch-fest 005

On the roads, people are idiots. Commuting to work on the Overland Parkway, the driver of a gold, 1990s Toyota Camry could not find the turn signal and crossed into the lane in front of me; I used my car horn.

Briefly the Overland Parkway, which is also known as U.S. Highway 69, is undergoing construction from 75th Street to Interstate 435:

Originally estimated to cost $91 million, the actual construction bid was $82.3 million. Overland Park will pay $6.3 million for the project; federal stimulus money from KDOT will make up the difference.

This guy weaves in and out of traffic and crosses the solid white line, where the normal traffic lanes transition onto the shoulder before 87th Street. Before the bridge, the new exits for east- and west-bound I-435, the jerk again could not find the turn signal and crossed into the lane in front of me; I used my car horn and “a gesture.”

The speed limit in the construction zone is 55 miles per hour. People are traveling faster than that with no shoulder! I end up having to drive 60 or 65! Idiots!

As I was leaving work, north-bound traffic on Quivira Road was backing up to College Boulevard. To turn left from the west, I have a green light, and this idiot driving a black 2002 Toyota Celica nearly rams me! I used my car horn.

Despite these idiots, today I managed to use the Overland Parkway to safely commute both to and from work. Without cursing, like your girlfriend, I have also managed to make another post called “Botch-fest”.

No comments:

Post a Comment