The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, February 17, 2012

Zed, as in Xylophone

People in the United States pronounce some words differently
than people in other parts of the world, like the following:
Aluminium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“Aluminium ( /ˌæljuːˈmɪniəm/ a-lew-mi-nee-əm) or aluminum (American English) ( /ˌəlˈuːmɪnəm/, ə-loo-mi-nəm) is a silvery white member of the boron group of chemical elements. It has the symbol Al, and its atomic number is 13. It is not soluble in water under normal circumstances.”
In Nissan 370Z Tuner, the initial after the number does not rhyme with see. In the second season of the Power Rangers, the villain Lord Zed appears; I had to consult a dictionary to learn that zed is just another name for the twenty-sixth letter in the modern Latin alphabet, not fully appreciating that until I started to regularly watch the British Top Gear.
Ancient and modern Latin alphabet
“Details of the development of the Latin alphabet from its beginnings in Ancient Rome to today.”
At Johnson County Community College, I work in a support area. When a co-worker recently took a call, the caller spelled her last name, “And Z, as in xylophone,” about which we all shared a chuckle. With my segue successful, a promoted tweet shared the following.


Image originally posted on Zengage, The Zendesk Blog

Whether the following is an example of my ignorance or my refreshing naïveté, until someone told me, I was unaware that The Big Bang Theory uses canned laughter; knowing that made the show unwatchable for me last night.

internet memes - I Assume The Math Is True Here
see more Memebase and check out our Troll Face lols!

OK OK OK, I am utterly amazed at myself and the timing of that image.
What was life like before Memebase?

No comments:

Post a Comment