The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Stale zaniness 019

After work on Monday, I yielded to a craving for Taco Bell. When I returned outside, I saw that the right rear tire, with which I regularly check the location of curbs, was flat and was likely low  yesterday morning. At a QuikTrip, I aired up the tire, and my father had a spare at home.
Some time ago at South Park Studios, I clicked on an ad for Shutterfly, which reminded me of the following words from another friend, and simultaneously reminded my mildly dyslexic mind of Fluttershy.
“Christopher, ... you have ALWAYS been kind, understanding, generous of heart and humorous in our correspondence and discussions. YOU have integrity, faith, a standard of kindness to all people and honestly... I think you remind people to be kind, period.”
Clearly, I am a Rarity.
Rarity
Lens method puts dark new galaxy in focus - Holy Kaw!
“A faint ‘satellite galaxy’ 10 billion light years from Earth is the lowest-mass object ever detected at such a distance, say researchers.”
My half-birthday is tomorrow.my little pony, friendship is magic, brony - Brony Zodiac
see more My Little Brony
What’s In Your Future?
“When I discovered that the Chinese New Year begins on January 23rd, the first thought that popped into my head was, ‘Whoa! Another new year, another chance for a do-over!’ The second was, ‘We...’”
Electronic dance music is likely in my future. “This [Flutter-step] took me way longer than it should have,” read a link at Vinyl Scratch (Friendship is Magic), whose administrator is a fan of dub-step.
Dubstep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, United Kingdom. Its overall sound has been described as ‘tightly coiled productions with overwhelming bass lines and reverberant drum patterns, clipped samples, and occasional vocals’.”
That previously mentioned character from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, as well as Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and dub-step, is featured in “Epic Pie Time,” a parody of Epic Meal Time.
Epic Meal Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Epic Meal Time is a YouTube cooking show known for creating extremely high-calorie meals, generally out of meat products (with particular emphasis on bacon) and including alcohol (especially Jack Daniel’s). It debuted in October 2010, and since then has started to release an episode every Tuesday.”
When one crosses the threshold of a fandom, one could become obsessive…
Otaku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Otaku (おたく / オタク?) is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga or video games.”
A Look at the ‘Whiteness’ of Japanese Anime Characters
“Anime characters have hair and eyes in all the colors of the rainbow, but they still never look particularly Japanese. Despite arguments that anime characters are more designed in line with Japanese standards of beauty, it’s still easy to see where people consider this (below) to be less ‘Japanese …’”
Twitter / Randy Gage: “Today’s affirmation: I release expectations
and simply embrace the promise of today.”
Fox explains ‘X Factor’ shakeup, defends ‘Idol’ ratings — EXCLUSIVE | EW.com
“The changes to Fox’s singing competition shows have only just begun. After weeks of dramatic headlines about Idol‘s slipping ratings and Factor‘s talent departures, Fox’s...”

No comments:

Post a Comment