The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Suddenly, life has new meaning to me

Before the shows at the Roving Imp last Friday, I visited Papa Bob’s BBQ, where I had not yet been this year, yet I confused them with RJ’s Bob-Be-Que Shack, who shared their specials for Tuesday, to which I say, “Suddenly, life has new meaning to me,” and one will find in most of the promotional literature of the area, “Kansas City has more barbecue restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the world.”

♪ So many choices, and such riches a plenty ♪
Not a bad problem to have if you ask me
Source: CMC in Space by *johnjoseco on deviantART

OK OK OK, some of my essays are unintentionally humorous, but I am not going to suck away any humor today. In German, the order of words (i.e., time-manner-place) after the subject and verb is reverse than English (i.e., place-manner-time). A German site has specifically helped me with the English grammar in the first sentence of the post.
Position of adverbs - English Grammar
“English Grammar, Adverbs - Materials for Teaching and Learning English”
This post derives its title from a song by Billy Ocean. I sometimes have a difficult time accepting the use of prepositions as adverbs: Many people take the day off from work on their birthday. As far as I am concerned, day should be the object of the preposition; I don’t like two prepositions beside each other, but this is instance of that phenomenon.
Adverb vs. Prepositions
“The Tongue Untied; A Guide to Grammar, Punctuations and Style® Includes detailed terms, interactive exercises and quizzes.”
Brain Pickings has one more page on that topic.
10 Tips on Writing Well from David Ogilvy
“‘Never write more than two pages on any subject.’ How is your new year’s resolution to read more and write better holding up?”
Anyway, today is my half birthday, and the bill for the purchase of my Samsung Mobile device has become overdue. Verizon Wireless, I really thought that I would have the refund from my taxes by now. My friends convinced me that paying H&R Block to do my taxes was ridiculous. To reach me in the next few days, find me on the Twitter or the Facebook.
Video: Happy 101st birthday, Mr. President - Hot Air
And someone else had a significant day.
Google Celebrates Charles Dickens’s 200th Birthday
“Today’s Google Doodle celebrates the 200th birthday of famous writer Charles Dickens.”
Jules Verne: The Man Who Invented the Future
“Last week marked the 183rd birthday of iconic science fiction writer and futurist Jules Verne, who coined the term ‘imaginary voyages.’”
And I plan to read Intellivore by Diane Duane, a book that I received at the New Year’s Party as part of a collection of novels based on Star Trek: The Next Generation. For which I have more than a passing affinity, Transformers: Generation 1 on The Hub recently aired an episode from its third season, “Web World”, whose author was Duane and Len Wein.

No comments:

Post a Comment