The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Luna. Luna, Luna

The BRZ, FR-S, and FT-86 are basically the same car, and a fictional character may also as likely have the same name as another, and become homophonic (e.g., Chris, Krys, Kurisu), so I feel the need to disambiguate the title of this post, which can be read, “Marcia, Marcia, Marcia,” or the way that Agent Smith speaks. Tomorrow I will likely be political. Kitto I must disclaim that this post contains excessive expository statements, including the preceding.
Princess Luna, “Hear me, villagers. Call me, ‘Luna.’
“From My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, ‘Luna Eclipsed’”
The Hub was last weekend showing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on the mornings of Saturday and Sunday, so the premiere of said series was rebroadcast on Sunday, because I was providing moral support as well as a helping hand to my mother, as documented in Where is a Consoling, on Saturday.
A blanket is a type of bedding, generally speaking, a large piece of cloth, intended to keep Princess Luna warm, especially while shivering
Princess Luna
“Princess Luna, formerly known as Nightmare Moon or Night Mare Moon, the younger sister of Princess Celestia...”
Less recently, on Friday night after the shows at the Ecumenical Christian Ministries building in Lawrence at the home of John, I again mistakenly called the darker and more diminutive of his two cats, ‘Luna,’ while her real name is July and I justified myself with the above, I may have been actually thinking of a supporting character from Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. Luna assumes the form of a black cat in the series, so one may perhaps understand my confusion.
Luna - List of Sailor Moon characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“Luna (ルナ, Runa?) first appears in the first episode or act of every version of the series. In the Silver Millennium, she was a servant to Princess Serenity, sworn never to leave her side, as well as an advisor to the Queen. When the kingdom fell, she and Artemis were put into a long sleep and sent …”
Wherein another character is named Luna, Saturday night is the only time that the Adult Swim broadcasts the anime Casshern Sins, and a meeting today notwithstanding, the Anime Club of JCCC will likely not be screening said series.

1 comment:

  1. Luna...2 things come to mind that have nothin to do with anything you had to say...
    I personally know someone with the last name of Luna (so naturally, you wouldn't have the same association). Also, Luna Lovegood is a supporting character from the Harry Potter series from book 5-7...one in which I follow the actress on Twitter.
    Oh, and I'm finally getting caught up on blogs!

    ReplyDelete