The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, August 5, 2011

Chris, Krys, Kurisu

This title almost sounds like someone calling me because I am in trouble. The spelling of Christopher, or even my preferred nick-name Chris, may vary greatly among cultures and fictional characters. Through elementary school, one or two other Chrises were in my class, and I never had the foresight of Topher Grace. Years ago, while I was more into Pokémon and only two styles of GameBoy were required to play, the Crystal version was released.
Pokémon Crystal - Pokémon Gold and Silver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pokémon Crystal (ポケットモンスター クリスタルバージョン, Poketto Monsutā Kurisutaru Bājon?, ‘Pocket Monsters: Crystal Version’), for the Game Boy Color, is the seventh game in the Pokémon video game series in Japan, and the sixth in North America and Europe. The game is an updated version of the previous two versions…”
Chris was a pre-selected name for the player in that version. One of the two movies, which I suggest for viewing at the Roving Imp Theater, will be Rainbow Brite.
Krys - Rainbow Brite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“Met in the movie and later appearing on the show, Krys is a resident of Spectra. He is taller than Rainbow Brite and the Color Kids. He wears a space helmet and helps Rainbow Brite defeat the Dark Princess. He utilizes a small wrist-mounted prism that's powered by Rainbow Brite’s rainbow. It usually…”
Finally, a character in my present favorite series on Crunchyroll, Steins;Gate, is named Kurisu.
Main characters - Steins;Gate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“The story of Steins;Gate begins on July 28, 2010, in Akihabara, with Rintarō Okabe and Mayuri Shiina heading towards the Radio Kaikan building. Inside the building, Rintarō finds the body of Kurisu Makise with a pool of blood in a room. He leaves the building with Mayuri in a panic and sends a …”
My friend Raa posted the following as her status:
TRY YOUR NAME IN JAPANESE:
A= ka, B=tu, C= mi, D= te, E= ku, F=lu, g= ji, H= ri, I= ki, J= zu,
K= me, L= ta, M= rin, N= to, O= mo, P= no, Q= ke, R= shi, S= ari,
T= chi, U= do, V= ru, W=mei, X= na, Y= fu, Z= zi ... then paste
your Japanese name below... :)) ... share this... it’s FUN :)
Like so many other things, I have not yet done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment