The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bring the beat back 004

Before Mirror Universe or Egocentric Universe yield to any further discussion on the debate in D.C. or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, the following lyrics from Toby Keith suddenly strike me:

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think, what I like, what I know,
what I want, what I see
I like talking about you, you, you, you, usually
But occasionally
I wanna talk about me

‘Talk’: Singing In the Key of Me (washingtonpost.com)
“The best-selling country song in America for the past month isn’t about a busted romance or cheatin’ hearts. It isn’t about loneliness, wanderlust, cowboys or even pickup trucks.”

♪ Bring the beat back, ride on ride on ♪

Once I was asked, “What is it with you and cars?” I also wrote about the plight of small pick-up trucks. Personally, I always felt this isolation:
Vs. The Lack of Holidays in August
“Here’s the deal. There are ten federal holidays. These are the big ones, when most Americans get a day off of work, and they’re spread out over eight months ...”
How worthy I am of emulation is uncertain, but I want this shirt:
If You Can’t Be a Good Example, Be a Warning T-Shirt | SnorgTees
“If You Can’t Be a Good Example, Be a Warning T-Shirt by SnorgTees. Men’s and women’s sizes available. Check out our full catalog for tons of funny t-shirts.”
From “Noizy Tribe” by m.o.v.e, I have changed my ring-tone, which was previously “Equestria Girls”, therefore I perhaps have just taken a step backwards in the program:
Hold Your Horses T-Shirt | SnorgTees
“Hold Your Horses T-Shirt by SnorgTees. Men’s and women’s sizes available. Check out our full catalog for tons of funny t-shirts.”
With my friends at the Boulevard Drive-In Theatre to see Cowboys & Aliens and Horrible Bosses, I was unable to watch the live broadcast of the series premiere of ThunderCats, but I did set the DVR. This really is a furry’s wet dream.
The new cast of ThunderCats explains why this reboot is better than the original
“What does do new ThunderCats have that the original kitties didn't? World-building, and tons of it. Watch the new voice cast of the ThunderCats series compare this new version to The Hobbit.”
The Dreamland Chronicles also enters my mind, as well as another web comic, which I have read for many years.
Sabrina-Online.com
“‘Sabrina Online' is a comic strip created, written, and drawn by Eric W. Schwartz. New strips will appear at the rate of between two and five every month. You probably realize now that this is not quite as fast or structured an affair as other web-based comics, but I am not doing this for the money...”
Schwartz's style is akin to The Bugs Bunny Show, and I also like other styles of animation. The first anime series that I ever saw was Superbook.
Superbook -Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Superbook, also known as Animated Parent and Child Theatre (アニメ 親子劇場, Anime Oyako Gekijō?), is an anime television series produced by Tatsunoko Productions in Japan in conjunction with the Christian Broadcasting Network in the United States.”
Of which I have also drawn my own art, The Transformers could also count as anime because of production by Toei Animation.
Dōjinshi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“Dōjinshi (同人誌?, often transliterated as doujinshi) is the Japanese term for self-published works, usually magazines, manga or novels. Dōjinshi are often the work of amateurs, though some professional artists participate as a way to publish material outside the regular industry.”
A former friend and co-worker once told me that people attempted to play a comic character like Darkwing Duck seriously in an on-line game. Admittedly, the concept might not work there, but Bleedman has his ways.
Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi
“Comics based on movies, games, music, and pop culture. Also featuring the Power Puff Girl Doujinshi, Grim Tales From Down Below, TIN: The Incompetent Ninja, Ever After, Pon Zi, and much much more.”
My fate is uncertain if I do not also mention VG Cats. It's still hot outside, morons are still on the road, and dip is still president. War never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment