The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Postscript to Experiment 013

My efforts to craft a happy birthday number 2^5+2^0 were successful. The Saturday before my birthday at the Roving Imp, John, David and I viewed Clarkson: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, where Clarkson pontificates as to whether America had made any properly fast, properly built, and properly handling car in 2006. The Sunday before my birthday, my family and I had Church’s Chicken, angel food cake and strawberries. Perhaps I am becoming less of a twit, I finally bought some new pillows, and protectors and covers for them last night at Walmart.
MLP PMV - I’m Awesome
“Original song by Spose - I’m Awesome”
I am almost able to now recognize from which episode each of those scenes is. Admittedly, pony music videos are twenty per cent cooler than their anime counterparts, and I should probably relate to something better.
‘Six Behaviors That Increase Self-Esteem’ by Denis Waitley
“Following are six behaviors that increase self-esteem, enhance your self-confidence, and spur your motivation. You may recognize some of them as things you naturally do in your interactions with other people. But if you don’t, I suggest you motivate yourself to take some of these important steps …”

Single stream recycling arrives at JCCC

“This summer, JCCC added more recycling containers around campus, and shifted to ‘single stream’ recycling for most indoor containers. That means that if the material can be recycled – whether it’s plastic, paper or cans -- it can go in the container. No sorting required.

The single stream recycling containers can be found inside buildings across campus, and are easily identified by the Saturn-like opening in the top. A circle accommodates cans and bottles; the straight line that extends through the circle allows paper to slip through.

What goes in the container? All types of paper, aluminum and metal cans and nos. 1 through 7 plastic. Cardboard can be recycled, too, but should be flattened and placed next to the bin instead of inside it.

‘It’s proven that more people will recycle if it’s easy for them,’ said Michael Rea, JCCC’s recycling coordinator. Eliminating the need to sort materials should increase the volume of material that’s recycled instead of sent to the landfill.

The domed containers for cans and bottles that once dotted indoor hallways have moved outside next to trash cans.

In addition to the single-stream recycling opportunities, JCCC students, visitors and employees can recycle a variety of materials at the school. Read more about recycling at JCCC here.”

From the Back to the Future Trilogy, Doc says: “Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!

No comments:

Post a Comment