The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, August 12, 2011

YBH - your brain hurts 008

After I shared the following link, John said, “Chris! I’m so proud of you! You’re reaching out!”
Bush: ‘Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over’
“WASHINGTON, DC—Mere days from his inauguration, president-elect Bush vowed to undo the damage not done by the Clinton Administration.”
To be fair, that was from The Onion.
New GOP Strategy Involves Reelecting Obama, Making His Life Even More Miserable
“WASHINGTON—Calling a GOP victory in the 2012 presidential election antithetical to the party platform, top Republicans revealed a new long-term political strategy Tuesday: reelecting Barack Obama and making his life even more of a living hell than ...”
Twitter / rstevens: “The one relationship I’m in and unsatisfied with right now is my current pound of coffee. It’ll be over soon.” ... YBH - your brain hurts.
Video: Airbags Deploy on Drifting Camaro
“Cars these days are loaded with safety devices, from anti-lock brakes to stability control to a plethora of airbag options designed to go off in case of an accident. Or, as happened to this new Camaro, when the driver pushes the car a little bit too hard...”
“I wish someone gave me a trophy and a 2011 Camaro convertible just for doing my job,” Carl Brutananadilewski from Aqua Teen Hunger Force reflected, “I’m done! Enjoy the trophy Packers, because THE G-MEN WILL TAKE IT FROM YOU when football resumes.”
What to expect from Tebow in the preseason?
“Fran Charles, Jamie Dukes and former Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress assess whether or not Tim Tebow will be effective with the Broncos.”
I have no idea who any of those people are, so my friend Michael Czerniewski agreed to enlighten me:
“First off, one of these guys, Brad ‘Mr. Tony’s doppelganger’ Childress, was the most recent coach for Minnesota. Secondly, I'm not shocked that they'd be talking about Tebow’s style of play like this. They’ve talked about how Tebow needs to adjust his style of play, especially transitioning from a primarily shotgun QB to the more traditional under-center QB, for the pros since he was still at Florida - which, to the kid’s credit, he’s been working on. He’s also had the timing of his passes heavily questioned, and that’s something else he’s been working on. Tebow has a full year of pro football under his belt now, so it will be interesting to see how he's progressing as a pro QB.”
I have updated my entertainingly shallow and pedantic blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment