The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, September 21, 2012

We are the ones still Swinging

My mother is doing better. When I visited her on Wednesday, she was sitting in a chair, and her color had returned. She has many tests, and will probably remain at the hospital through early next week. Thursday, when I tried to visit, she was resting, so I left. To my surprise, my father and one of my sisters were just arriving in the lobby as I was leaving. I told them that she was trying to sleep. They seemed unconcerned, and my sister said, “We’re only leaving off this [notebook].”
Perhaps the titleAs perfect a Thursdayrecently has been overused, and I certainly do not want for all of my posts on Fridays to always have the same name, since I generally only author one post per day.
I paid my bill at Verizon Wireless, and went to Grandstand Burgers, where I also went on Tuesday instead of the 75th Street Brewery, to where I would have normally gone at five in the afternoon, if I was not suffering from the effects of eating food from the roller grill. Again, just moments after I returned home at 3:30 p.m., my father and sister also returned. They talked to my mother until she was fully awake. Oh, sure, that’s fair.
What is best in life? Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the fillies.
Lyra (Friendship Is Tragic) remarks, “Early Bird catches the Worm.”
Grammar Girl : ‘Beckon Call’ or ‘Beck and Call’? :: Quick and Dirty Tips
“Grammar Girl explains why you should be saying ‘beck and call.’ But is ‘beckon call’ wrong?”
My mother often watches World’s Wildest Police Videos, a preference that baffles me, and my preference for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic similarly confuses her and everyone else in my family. My mother also likes Pretty Woman, a film which teases, like your girlfriend, “[I’d] love to be your beck-and-call girl.”
In my dream, I made out with your girlfriend, yet instead awoke with a mouth full of pillow
Source: 106 St. Tire & Wheel
Sometimes, I confuse Roxette who sang, “Lay a whisper on my pillow,” and Wilson Phillips who sang “Hold On.” Lately, I have been giving a listen to 98.9 The Rock, who played “STILL SWINGIN” by Papa Roach, the song from which the title for this post originates.
I considered that I might try to see my mother again later on Thursday, but I was just tired, so starting at four in the afternoon, I took a nap. Earlier, I had stopped by the Cavalier C-Store to talk with my friend Aaron, with whom I had dined at Houlihan’s on Wednesday night. We made plans to meet for dinner again last night. He sent me a text message, and later called me about a change of venue: Taco Bueno in Olathe. Later, I visited the home of Denton.

No comments:

Post a Comment