The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stale zaniness 027

My specualtions in Egocentric Universe: MBH - my brain hurts 024 were, needless to say, unfounded as our carpooling to the home of John in Lawrence was yesterday the highlight of my day. Well, the workshop was really great, too.
Hanging out with Weird Al by *willheim on deviantART
“I went to see my old bandmate Weird Al last night at the Pacific Amphitheater. We have been exchangng e-mails lately talking about MLP:FiM. I used to ...”
Anyway, for a time I considered changing the theme or layout of this blog; at their top many of these themes rotate images, which was a problem because most of my posts contained no images. I found an image to anchor “Weird Al” and Ponies.
Weird Al Flankovic and Pinkie Pie together in one room would go something like this with Harvey the Wonder Hamster
Source: Bronies via Weird Al and Pinkie by *shuffle001 on deviantART

“The Flea Market is celebrating another year in Westport. You can’t go back to the swinging 80s, but your wallet can time travel for the next four days at the Westport Flea Market (817 Westport Road). In honor of its 31st anniversary, the Westport burger spot is rolling back prices on burgers and beer...”
For a time, I considered forsaking the 75th Street Brewery today, and I had more in mind for this post, but afternoon naps make fools of us all.

Governor to visit JCCC Aug. 14 for news conference
promoting free tech ed tuition for high school students

Because I need to draw different kinds of things and I love Ariel
Disney: Ariel by *SugaryRainbow on deviantART
From Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback’s office: Kansas Governor Sam Brownback will visit JCCC at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14, to encourage students and parents to take advantage of the free technical education tuition that is now available to high school students. The governor also will discuss the future of career and technical education in Kansas.

The news conference will be held in the Regnier Center. It is open to credentialed members of the media who rsvp to media@ks.gov.

Terry Calaway, JCCC president; Gene Johnson, Shawnee Mission School District superintendent; and Steve Waddell, owner of I Support Learning, Inc., along with area high school counselors and state lawmakers will join the governor, Labor Secretary Karin Brownlee and Commerce Secretary Pat George at the event.

Beginning in the 2012-2013 school year, the state will pay the full cost of tuition for all high school students who enroll in technical courses offered at Kansas technical and community colleges.  An incentive program will give school districts $1,000 for each high school student who graduates from that district with an industry-recognized credential in a high-need occupation.

The Kansas Legislature passed the legislation unanimously during the 2012 session.”
Yes, time got away from me this evening, but my mother and I shared a good, long talk while White Collar and Covert Affairs played on USA Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment