The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, August 2, 2012

You can walk or deny 020

Difficulties with my friends may result from an over-confident, frank, or outspoken attitude, and I hold unpopular political views among my friends, so I tend to no longer discuss politics on Facebook:
  1. Politics is not considered polite conversation.
  2. I do not know enough about the issues to discuss them calmly or avoid ad hominem.
  3. I am on the opposite side of the debate on most issues.
  4. I do not like being wrong or being made a fool.
  5. I would rather keep friends and be respectful.
I am inclined to do much writing, especially if lonely, and although I take my Facebook and Twitter feeds intravenously, I usually forsake them for daily writing to my blogs; this is me at my most... egocentric. When I try to use WordPress in Mozilla Firefox, the performance of my work-station drops remarkably, so I have through sudden insight begun to use Internet Explorer. On other systems to which I have access at home (e.g., the computers of my parents, and my Dell), I use Google Chrome.
There are over 83 million Facebook accounts [INFOGRAPHIC]
“Facebook has released statistics showing that it believes there are more than 83 million fake accounts on its social network. Read our thoughts, and check out our infographic of how the numbers ...”
Due to my eye for detail, I often lose sight of the main issues, and be concerned only for the details, which can often assume undue importance. Until Egocentric Universe: ‘Roidèd’ Out, I recently lost confidence in the quality of my blogging, especially when painstakingly considering whether the date of a post should be indicated properly.
I want my cutie mark to be 9 condoms, one for every day of the week
Unicrons Unite by ~spicyhamsandwich on deviantART

In public, I tend to keep my inner emotions to myself, as pride will not allow me to show any kind of vulnerability. Extremely sensitive to criticism, I put on a very self-controlled front, so as to hide my sensitivity and my inclination towards pessimism about myself. Now, I realize the irony of that statement, because public is my blog, and vulnerability is central to any creative process (e.g., improv). I feel hurt that some of my more blunt and political posts are not as well received.
The Limitations of the “Like” Button
“I’ve had a post sort of percolating inside my head for a few days…and while it’s been doing that (while I’ve been mulling the topic, in other words), I’ve come across ...”
In the following, I will attempt to express my ideas gracefully. “An open letter to conservatives” is utter drek and the labels like “gay bashing, women hating, climate denying, race baiting” are continually misapplied to the Tea Party. Liberals are given to emotional idealism, which may lead to utopian dreams, that are not based upon practical considerations.
Happy Yaoi Day!
“In Japanese, a short reading of ‘801’ can be reading 8 as ‘ya,’ 0 as a western influenced ‘o’ and 1 as ‘i.’ So, the ‘yaoi’ numeric sequence has become otaku shorthand for the genre of male romance media and, following that logic, in countries that list the date month-day, August 1st is yaoi day!  So…”
Because of my open mind, and desire to know, I like to form opinions on my own experiences, yet I am not above my using the experiences and opinions of others to form opinions.
“Find out which 6 American corporations have been taking your money to support anti-gay causes and organizations. Trust me, you'd be surprised and disgusted.”
Regardless of perceived bias, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are generally not funny, and The Oatmeal opines, “How to suck at your religion.”
9 religious companies (besides Chick-fil-A)
“As the Chick-fil-A controversy continues, check out nine other companies that take their religion seriously.”
You can walk or deny, “Believers tailor Christian teachings to fit their own political viewpoint,” and I may be a tool, but I am not a tool of the liberal media, even if I end up being on the wrong side of history.

“KANSAS CITY, Kan. — People in the Kansas City metro area and all around the nation lined up on Wednesday...”

No comments:

Post a Comment