The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summary of Improv Goals 022

Being creative is very therapeutic, and I recently depressed because the price of the fuel to drive forty-five minutes and forty miles, one way, to attend class at the Roving Imp Training Center or shows the Roving Imp in Lawrence would put improv into hiatus for me. I was also not pleased with the quality of my performance on Saturday, which is why you all saw no update in this series.

The KC Improv Co offers class for beginners and a more advanced class for experienced improvisers, which I can not attend because I work on Monday nights; I have since remembered their class on Saturday.

“Someday. Wouldn’t it be great to take that truck up to the lake?
Throw a couple of sleeping bags in the back.
Lie out underneath the stars.”

Source: Pinkie Pie from an alternate reality

An announcement from the above page also caused depression about my love life.
Friend-zone Johnny | Know Your Meme
“Friend-zone Johnny is an advice animal image macro series featuring a photo of teenage boy holding a bouquet of roses accompanied by captions related to unrequited love and romantic rejection (see also Friend Zoned Phil).”
OK OK OK, John was without access to the Internet for the last few days, so he could not have read my post about my dissatisfaction with my show on Saturday, yet he fortunately found a way to address emotion in a scene: we were given a topic about which we spoke naturally, and later put an emotion behind our opinion.

Normally, we work to avoid conflict, and actors in some scenes played anger, yet I really liked being able to freely express myself. If one reads Egocentric Universe: Botch-fest 003, then one may doubt that typically I rein in my opinions.

My first catharsis was in regard to being too much of a nice guy,
and one of my scenes was with Chad, who is much like this meme.
internet memes - It Wasn't Even Close!
see more Memebase and check out our Troll Face lols!

Our suggestion was, “Hillary Clinton.”
I said, “Hillary Clinton is our third female Secretary of State in a row.”
Because I was merely stating a fact, John paused the scene.
I said, “We’ve had three female Secretaries of State in a row. When are we going to have a man again?”
Chad responded, “1997 is going to be the year.”
While mentally struggling with every thing that was wrong with his statement, I agreed with his premise, “Well, when we need to get busy with the 1998 mid-term elections.”
After some more lines, our scene was paused again.
My new reply was about time travel, “It’ll just not be the same without Rushing,” who was ill and not at class.
Our scene worked in the end because we agreed: within the context of the scene, Rushing was no longer with us.
My stronger scene was based on the suggestion, “John Edwards.”
I do not remember the first line from Joel, and I confuse the Biggest Douche in the Universe with the criminal, so I admitted, “I don’t know if you mean the fake psychic or the former vice-presidential candidate.”
John paused the scene to say that we just needed to choose one. Joel chose the politician.
In subsequent lines, we talked about the criminals in Congress, and I got to passionately rail against Democrats, especially Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the Chair of the Democratic National Committee.
John thought the scene was fine, but would have liked more details from Joel and I. From me, he would have liked to have known how idiotic Wasserman Schultz was. Well, despite what Soros’ Media Matters will try to spin, Wasserman Schultz blames the Tea Party for the shooting of Giffords in Tuscon and says, “We Turned This Economy Around.”

1 comment: