The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Friday, May 4, 2012

Summary of Improv Goals 021

Now, as much as I would like to say, “You know, for plans that never happened, missing my class on Tuesday night was a mistake,” class at the Roving Imp Training Center was awesome yesterday.

Which I sometimes confuse with RJ’s Bob-Be-Que Shack, I visited Papa Bob’s BBQ before class, and one will find in most of the promotional literature of the area, “Kansas City has more barbecue restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the world.”

So many choices, and such riches a plenty
Three choices when receiving a call
On Tuesday, my friend never called with her plans.

OK OK OK, as I often demonstrate, the quality of my listening varies, but listening was not the focus in class yesterday, thank John, instead we focused on being creative with the second line of a scene. Relationships and emotion were secondary last night. John wanted something that an audience would not expected.

Prepare yourself for my awesomeness.

Derpy's awesomeness again by ~Matva-The-Ysalamiri on deviantART
While I can not remember the suggestion, Marty had the first line,“The hole isn’t that big,” as she gestured to my chest.
“I can feel the air passing through me,” I replied.
John paused the scene, “If I was shot through, I would expect for someone to say that they feel the air passing through them. Give me something that I am not expecting.”
Marty gave her line again, and I said, “It’s not that deep. Shoot me again.”
Within a few moments we discovered that her character was trying to shoot my character with a BB gun, “I’m not sure about this whole suicide pact.”
“Yeah,” I replied, “Who’s going to shoot you? If we are going to do this right, we need hollow-point rounds.”
Someone in the audience transitioned our scene, “Later, with a real gun.”
Marty continued, “Are you ready?”
“I don’t know. I mean, who’s going to shoot you?”
Later, we played Call-In Show with the topic “unemployment.”
Kitty played the radio show host.
I played the first caller who was enjoying unemployment, “I can’t find any clean shorts, so I’m just going to wear my pajamas again today,” which I read from two separate posts from Pipsqueak (Friendship is Magic).
Denton taught me about fun-employment, and I said, “I’m enjoying my fun-employment. Pat Sajak is my savior. Would you like to accept Pat Sajak into you life? All you have to do is buy a vowel.”
Marty played someone who was weeping because her character got a job before she was going off government unemployment assistance.
Justin played a billionaire with people beating down his door, “You’re ruining my door! It’s hand-sewn oak!”
I have a show at the Roving Imp tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment