The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I went to a Mall

While my amended return is being processed, I received some of funds that were due me from the I.R.S., and Wednesday I bought My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: The Friendship Express at Target, after I went to Toys ‘Я Us, but before f.y.e. - For Your Entertainment in Oak Park Mall, a mall featured as a typical mall in some documentary in the Eighties; my professor for my second class in composition told me that. To speak of other minutiae, I shop every morning at QuikTrip, yet I rarely ever go to a shopping mall, despite several in the area of Kansas City.

I have not seen a Buick Reatta for a while
At the Target across the street, I saw a red Buick Reatta.

I have not seen that model of Buick for a while. Yeah, I actually went to a mall, but usually never have money to go to any mall. When I have money, I typically squander that money by dining out too frequently, so I did not go to the Burger King in the area, despite that the location is one of my favorites.

Yes; with every clause that begins, “despite,” you are probably getting an idea that I am full of excuses and am probably feeling guilty about my lack of canvassing last night, then you would be correct.

I confess: I probably could have canvassed yesterday, but the vaguely cloudy skies, and then the humidity, put me off. Facts remain that I would be similarly sweaty and uncomfortable after walking the mall as I would have been if I had gone to canvass, but in less comfortable conditions (e.g., outdoors).

To attend a preview of the 2012 line from Mercedes-Benz,
I have been to Aristocrat Motors, “luxury car dealer in Kansas City
for Mercedes, smart, Land Rover, Jaguar, Maserati, Porsche, and Saab.” image
While I am not sure which model of Maserati GranTurismo this silver one is,
I have seen a black example on Metcalf, and the vents on the side
of a car should be functional vents, like these.

Ford, you fooled no one with those vents on the 2008 Focus.

While I generally enter through JCPenney, which is right by f.y.e.,
I instead used Nordstrom, which was the opposite end from f.y.e.
Mall Rat badge on foursquare
While walking from one end to the other, I earned my Mall Rat badge on foursquare.

I tried to find Suncoast with the outdated information in my mind, but I finally found a directory in front of Dillard’s, then f.y.e.; I was looking for the third set of TaleSpin on DVD, which I would buy on Amazon, if it existed like the Volume 1 and 2.

Parked outside Nordstrom, a GMC Acadia wore a familiar plate. Parked outside Nordstrom, a GMC Acadia wore a familiar plate: Eat Beef - Kansas Livestock Association
Now, where have I seen that before?

1 comment:

  1. Suncoast is one of my favorite stores that no longer exist...and so is Camelot Music.
    Everytime I go to Oak Park (which there are very very few malls in the area anymore) I spend most of my time at FYE, Barnes&Nobels, or walking from the door to the store, store to store, or store to door.

    ReplyDelete