The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Blogger versus WordPress

After a technical incident with Blogger, which caused much frustration for me, I created a blog on WordPress on May 13 of last year, and followed the lead of my friend Denton.

This is post number four hundred on Mirror Universe,
and seven hundred forty-five on Egocentric Universe.
Princess pony and human play video games
Source: The Great and Powerful Trixie (FiM) via
Tired of Losing? by ~thelivingmachine02 on deviantART

In order to merely blog, I started a blog, and try to keep them basically the same, yet after a year the differences in the interface of the publishing software, as well as my preferences have emerged.

On WordPress,I once received a comment, “How do I do this?” While I probably should have saved that comment, I will now answer. Since Egocentric Universe: that‘s my starting issue 005, I have intermittently used an image to anchor my post, where I generally share items from Facebook and Twitter, yet my making and keeping friends thereon can be difficult for me.
More Facebook friends linked to bigger brain areas
“LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists have found a direct link between the number of friends a person has on Facebook and the size of certain brain regions, raising the possibility that using online social networks ...”
I paste a link into Facebook, and I use whatever title and quote text appears, which is surely more easy than to summarize the articles myself. For me, videos with Adobe Flash do not embed properly with WordPress, so the following will look different on Blogger.

ろん -「おちゃめ機能」FUKKIRETA 10 hours
“Fukkireta looped for 10 hours. I actually listened whole video o_o
Credits from this song goes to tripflag (who probably took
this from Nicovideo). Original ...”

I do like that WordPress otherwise has more granularity of control for image and media.

No comments:

Post a Comment