The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Whirlwind weekend 002

Christopher Hurt was talking about the weekend with a co-worker, who has an affinity for the Ford Mustang, and we came up with a new T.V. advertisement:
The new cholesterol casserole from Hardee’s with biscuits, sausage, and eggs covered in gravy. You won’t feel right for twelve hours.
Although she has moved to Chicago, Nifer was surprised to learn that Sam Brownback was running for governor of Kansas, to which I responded:
Tom Holland is the Democratic candidate. For me, personally, he [Tom Holland] was not compelling during the gubernatorial debate at the Kansas State Fair, but then again, like the campaign slogan, “I’m a Brownbacker.” Yes, I have no further ways to prove my lameness.
Principally, this post is, “Whirlwind weekend”, because of ImpFest 2010. Now, as a second post about this weekend, I have reasons to justify, “Summary of Improv Goals”, because I merely want to highlight what happened without delving deeply into my learning from the workshops, which really does deserve a separate post.
David puts it best when he says, “David Rushing still has his mind on the events from this last weekend and the friends I got to share it with.”
I really enjoyed the shows Saturday night and classes with Twinprov and Zenprov Saturday afternoon at the Roving Imp Theater and Roving Imp Coffee House. I am lucky to have my group of friends, and I might promise to work on that yelling thing.
Yea for hugs!

Christopher Hurt last counted 7 hours until ImpFest 2010! Opening Night! I also counted 31 hours until My Second Big Improv show! And 55 hours until Nifer Honeycutt says, “I’m playing in ImpFest with Biblioclast and Deep Space Emily!!!”
I had not seen Nifer in person since mid-August. Before her return to Deep Space Emily, she and John were talking backstage, so I took the opportunity to say hello and share a hug or two with her. Nifer was brilliant as ever, as were the troupes. I wish that I had taken the time to say more to her in person, but we had an extended hug circle when she finally departed late Saturday night.
Again, I will say more about the actual improv, and my learning from the workshops in a separate post, when I will take a daily chance, like your girlfriend.
Sunday, Zenprov did have another workshop, but I was not in attendance. When I paid for the other two workshops, I was not sure that I would have an open schedule that Sunday; Denton had asked for help with the campaign, and I generally oblige him. On Sunday, I watched some Top Gear America on BBC America, and I felt more awake, after staying for the after-party and watching anime until 3:30 a.m. on the Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network.

At noon Sunday, I met Denton at his home. This time I was not one of the people putting out fliers on doors. Denton drove, the two other people walked opposite sides of the street, and I rolled and banded the fliers. Denton owns a Garminfone™ from T-Mobile®, which had been useful earlier for its navigation. Music played from its SD card as we worked Sunday afternoon, and I learned a few things about music this weekend.

With that last sentence, I am reminded of a song by Alan Jackson:
Alan Jackson lyrics - “Chattahoochee
“Yeah way down yonder on the Chattahoochee
never knew how much that muddy water meant to me
but I learned how to swim and I learned who I was
a lot about livin’ ...”
Strangely, that was not among the songs played Sunday, but I did include references to some of the songs played in my status updates:
Christopher Hurt just made a nerd joke about the bag of holding! Hey, come on, try a little. There has to be something better than in the middle.
David would be thrilled to know that this was the cover by Bruce Springsteen.
Christopher Hurt has no game. Everybody is free (to use sunscreen).
I learned something interesting from the workshops: Sleep makes Tom think of body pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment