The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Drive the new secret car by BMW

Drive the new secret car by BMW, like your girlfriend.

“By hosting a very special competition, BMW wants to say thank you to all auto enthusiasts who took part in our little ‘guessing game’. Instead of just unveiling the secret car we would like you to experience it on the racetrack. Register now on facebook.com/bmw and you could be one of the lucky three winners. Good luck!”
I can only guess about how much of a departure this ‘secret car’ will be from the BMWs that I have already test drove. Yes, at Baron BMW, I have previously test drove a 2009 BMW 328xi sedan in December 2008, and this March I took a 2010 BMW 550 GT for a test drive, which was part of their fundraiser event for Haiti. In 328xi, the “x” denotes BMW’s X-Drive all-wheel drive system, and in 550 GT, the “GT” denotes Gran Turismo.

Of course, the location of this co-drive of this ‘secret car’ is a secret. If I became “one of the lucky three winners”, then I might likely require a passport to travel to this location.
Application for U.S. Passport
Before you may enter your personal information to get a passport, you must review the Department of State’s Privacy and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts Notices and Disclaimers.”
Before Windows Live was so called, the part of the system was called Microsoft Passport.
Windows Live Messenger 2011
“Learn how to use Windows Live Messenger and stay in touch with the people who matter most.”
Since April 2009, I have been using Facebook for that same purpose. Moments ago, I received a message on Facebook, which reveals that Project Improv resumes rehearsals this afternoon. I wish that I would have been informed yesterday, but for this Tuesday afternoon I have already made other plans, which involve a meeting at Ottawa University with an academic advisor, and my helping Denton with a local campaign for a state representative.

For this post, another point of divergence emanates from a status update by Nifer:
“At a Walgreens, she was paying with a check, and the clerk would not accept her U.S. passport as a form of identification. Another Walgreens would accept her passport for I.D., but the clerk could not ring up her transit card or process her check. She also comments that she is a CVS convert.”
From this, some of my mention of passports also emanates. I must honor an agreement that I made with Nifer on September 3; without cluttering Nifer’s status, I will to respond to a question from David about the acquisition of Osco Drug by CVS:
Osco was acquired by CVS in 2006. One can apply for a passport through the U.S. Department of State, or one can go to a United States Post Office. As far as I know, U.S. passports cannot be acquired at pharmacies or drugstores.
Thank you for your time, like your girlfriend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, okay. I thought they were bought out. I'm assuming "acquired by" is the same thing...it seems to be the same thing to someone who doesn't understand business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With knowledge that some articles on Wikipedia are likely to be compromised tomorrow, I will link to the article on the Ferengi in the Star Trek database.

    I am referring, of course, to the Rules of Acquisition.

    ReplyDelete