The Internet is rising up in protest on February 11th

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Where was this 003

Christopher Hurt was like, “Wow, they mentioned Hardcastle and McCormick on Family Guy. I remember that show, which really might have only been good when they were riding in the Coyote, so maybe only the theme song...”
Hardcastle and McCormick Season 3 Intro
Season 3 intro (“Drive”)
I am always looking for new bumper stickers, like your girlfriend, and I just might order this:
Obama Joke Sticker (Rectangle) on CafePress.com
“This is a play on Barack Obama’s campaign logo. Made for those who do not agree with Obama, democrats or liberals for that matter. Have fun with this one. Great gift for republicans!”
Christopher Hurt thanks Obamacare 411, and finds more reasons to despise the Democratic Party and this ‘administration’.
Obamacare: Let the Exemptions Begin! » Secondhand Smoke | A First Things Blog
“What a joke. Last week there were reports that McDonald’s was going to drop its employees from health insurance coverage because Obamacare would increase the company’s costs. This was roundly denied at the time, but now, guess what? The bureaucrats have exempted McDonald’s and other companies–not to mention a big teacher’s union–from the rules that were supposed to protect us all.”
With unemployment at nine percent for the past seventeen months, this ‘administration’ continues its snow job:
The Employment Situation in September | The White House
“Given the volatility in the monthly employment and unemployment data, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”
Because I have no faith in this ‘administration’, I shall have to look elsewhere for inspiration, like your girlfriend.
The 14th Dalai Lama: A Manga Biography « The Manga Critic
“Reading The 14th Dalai Lama: A Manga Biography, I was irresistibly reminded of a quip attributed to Thomas Carlyle: ‘A well-written life is almost as rare as a well-spent one.’ Though the Dalai Lama has lead one of the most exemplary lives in recent memory, demonstrating uncommon wisdom, patience, a...”
No BNC terminator in my pocket, I was actually just happy to see you, and I agree with Asian Martin; this is the dumbest thing that I have read today:
Mitsubishi to Offer Online Test Drives of Actual Car
“Mitsubishi has lined up the opportunity for virtual test-drives of its new 2011 Outlander Sport. That's right; you'll send a specially outfitted 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport speeding along, driverless, from your own computer.”
I learned about this by following a link on a page shared on Twitter.
The Best and the Brightest
“Let us know if you'd like to see The Best and the Brightest in your area by filling out this form. We‘ll email you to let you know about any events in your area. If you‘ve filled out this form before and want to be removed from our list, type in your email address and click ‘Remove.’ Either way, we’ll send you one confirmation email immediately to make sure this is really you.”
Christopher Hurt concedes to liking How I Met Your Mother on CBS, and now on 38 the Spot! & Holly Starr.
The Playbook audiobook
“Listen to an excerpt from The Playbook audiobook narrated by Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson!”
I just learned about this, after becoming a fan of John Lennon, like your girlfriend.
John Lennon Official Competition
“John Lennon - 70th Birthday Celebration and Competition”
Christopher Hurt is not going to repeat that joke about a reunion of The Beatles, because the joke would be in poor sport on this day, like your girlfriend.

3 comments:

  1. I left a response to your sister (on your status about the Beatles joke) that it could have something to do with John Lennon's birthday. Now that I read this, I'm sure I made the correct assumption as to why you thought it would be an inappropriate joke.

    A part of me wouldn't mind if McDonald's lost their employees and had to close up. That's the part of me that's actually healthy. But another part of me sees it the same way as F.D.R. saw the selling of Alcohol in the mid 1930s. He overturned proabition during the Great Depression because it at least led to jobs. I personally refuse to work at McDonald's. To see my reason, I refer you back to the beginning of this paragraph.
    Yes, I realize that this is random and doesn't really have anything to do with the issue you intended to use it for. But you usually seem to not mind when I take something for a jumping off point and go off on a tangent even when you disagree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, David, you have made the correct assumption. I am Peter Griffin to your Robin Williams from the following quote:

    “Peter: Are you kiddin'? I've tackled tougher jobs before. Remember that time I was Robin Williams' jumping-off point?
    [Cutaway to Peter sitting on a couch with Robin Williams]
    Peter: Okay, religion.
    Robin Williams: Oh, religion! "You kill me, I kill you, we both go to heaven, [ululates] 72 virgins, huh! You might have to help me out with the last ten or so [high voice] because Mr. Happy gets tired!" Religion.
    Peter: [sighs] Uh...politics.
    Robin Williams: Oh, politics! [in a southern voice] "Well, we're gonna come down there, and take all your oil!" [Arab voice] "But this is our oil!" [southern voice] "Yee-ha! Well, here's my missile!" [Arab voice] "Okay, take it! Take it!" Politics.
    Peter: Ugh, you know what, I'm gonna take a five-minute break. [gets up and leaves]
    Robin Williams: Oh, five-minute break! What are you, a construction worker? [wolf-whistles] "Hey, baby, I'm not gay." [gay voice] "Does this yellow hat make my ass look fat?" Five-minute break.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you are admitted better than Robin Williams.

    ReplyDelete